Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

z6m rkr

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by mustanggal, Aug 13, 2008.

1. mustanggal

mustanggal New Member

My Phone:
    htc touch / z6m
    It seems that Alltel has some sort of block on the z6m where you can no longer apply music as ringtones unless you purchase from them. I have tried multiple things including ventones, myxer, bluetooth, mms from another handset. Nothing works. I can get the song but can not apply as ringtone. However back in November when I got my first z6m I could put my own music on the phone no problem, whether by sd card, bluetooth, etc... My phone messed up and I had to get another one which is now the z6morg which has the block...
    Anyone have any suggestions???????
    I'm extremely frusterated and thinking of going to another carrier because of this...
    I also saw on the net where Verizon was sued for the same thing and the person suing won the case...
    You would think they wouldn't want to take the chance on getting sued again....

2. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

This is in response to the DRMA. It's basically to stop people from using copyrighted material without paying for it. Like it or not, it's the law. Don't like it? Talk to congress.

3. mustanggal

mustanggal New Member

My Phone:
    htc touch / z6m
    No it's not! I have purchased my ringers and have them on itunes I still can't put them on my phone. And the reason Alltel stopped it was because of the Verizon buy out.. so actually Verizon stopped customers from putting music as ringers. There is several hacks that allow the ringers on every other phone. The only one that we have trouble with is the Rkr... SEARCH THE WEB I WAS ABLE TO PULL UP THE ACTUAL COURT DOCUMENTS AND EVIDENCE THAT WAS USED AGAINST VERIZON IN THE LAW SUIT... LOOK FOR YOURSELF...

Anyone else have some helpful information?????????????????????????????

I joined to get help not b__sh_t remarks.....

4. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

You got help. All the carriers are doing it. Going to a different carrier won't help things. So you better calm down and be more polite or less people will want to help, like myself.

5. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Yes it IS because of the DRMA. No, it has NOTHING to do with the merger. This started long before Alltel and Verizon entered into the merger talks.

Again, if you don't like it talk to your congressman.

6. mustanggal

mustanggal New Member

My Phone:
    htc touch / z6m
    Is there anyone with any helpful information regarding the issue?????

Please don't post anything unless it is helpful to correct the problem!!!!!