Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

YOU READ THIS NOW! Little help with connecting homemade 2.4Ghz Omni Antenna, please.

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Fullest_Empty, May 14, 2004.

1. Fullest_Empty

Fullest_Empty New Member

Hi, as you may have guessed from the title, I'm trying to make an omni antenna. I'm following this tutorial, but since I'm a stupid newbie and all, I'm a little confused on how to connect it to a router. I've made the antenna, it's just the connection I'm having trouble with. Could someone be so kind as to describe the process and equipment needed to connect the antenna to a router or wireless card? Thanks you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    You should get a card or router that has a jack to connect an external antenna. Not all cards/routers have jacks for antennas.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fullest_Empty

Fullest_Empty New Member

Okay, thanks.. but the antenna, how do I connect it? I'm not too sure what a flylead is? Do I just get an extra length of the same cable and connect one end of the N connecter to it and the other end to the wireless accessory?

4. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    LOL..."You read this now" huh?