Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Yet another porting question.....

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by lilprincess2, Dec 27, 2005.

1. lilprincess2

lilprincess2 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    ~*~iPhone 3g~*~BB 8900~*~
    Question guys, is it possible to port a number from your exsisting provider to another but not close the line of service and just get another number for that line? Does that make sense? lol :speechles :lmao:

2. lilprincess2

lilprincess2 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    ~*~iPhone 3g~*~BB 8900~*~
    :rolleyes: No one can answer this? lol :confused:

3. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    HEY Princess! We were all sleeping! You posted after midnight. Anyway, if you called your provider you should be able to do that, as long as you didn't get an idiot on the line when you called CS.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I don't think it could be done this way, since a port would close out your account with the carrier once the number changes providers.
    You might be able to call after porting the # & ask if you could reinstate service with a different number, but I am not sure if this could be done & they may still want the ETF paid if any was due.
    I would go with Jay's suggestion & call your carrier to see what can be done if anything at all.

5. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    my understanding is when you port, it automantly closes the old account.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...