Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Yeah, Got the Nokia 3650!!!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Ghostrider, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

Wow, a totally different phone from other Nokia's I've owned. The color screen is pretty good, the pics looks nice for a phone/camera. Videos gets your message across, not the best, but good enough.

The keypad will take a little time to get used to. If you know how to use t9 predictive text, you will do just fine. I need to learn.......

It's a big phone, similar size to the 5190, but a bit wider. But much lighter than 5190. The screen is big. The interface is pretty quick. But the calendar is okay. I prefer the calendar on the 7210, I wish the 3650 had it. Ringtones are good, could be louder. Volume is good, but the speakerphone volume could be louder.

I have the latest f/w V2.51. But the phone does not have call forwarding, & the voice dialing does not work. I don't know why. So to me the phone is like 85% perfect. GPRS is quick to load, what's nice is, you can view pics on the screen.

Overall, I'm happy w/ the phone.

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    How do you like the rotary dialpad?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

It takes a little getting used to. When texting messags, if you can use t9 predictive text, you will do good w/ this phone. I'm glad the phone has 1 touch dialing & voice dialing. Sure would be a b*tch to always dial a number.

The keys are a bit hard to read/see. I am hoping to buy an aftermarket keypad that has better visibility for the keypad. When the keys are lit up, it kinda meshes w/ the white on the keyppad. Nokia in my opinion should have used different color LCD lights, so it does not blend in w/ the keypad area.

4. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    what they should've done is put a regular dialpad on that phone in the first place. Who said that making a device harder to use is a smart strategy?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

I reckon it must a "European" thing, to be very different from the norm....................just a thought.

But the more I look at the design, if a regular keypad was put in, the phone would have to be wider. There are 2 buttons on the side that if on a regular type keypad, would either not be there, or they would have to make the 3650 bigger than it is. Or they could have used smaller keys w/ a regular keypad layout. But I think that would make it a bit hard to dial. Smaller keys on a big phone like that, you would have a hard time dialing w/ 1 hand. I can get away using one hand to dial.

Also, I wish there was a cover or flap for the camera lens. I sure hate having that exposed.

6. bedoughty

bedoughty Junior Member

how is the picture quality? you take any shots and download em to your mac/pc? I have the sanyo 5300 camera phone right now and I want the 3650 for the camera but more importantly bluetooth, but I'm wondering how the pic quality is. I know resolution is the same btwn the cameras, at 640 x 480. Any input is greatly appreaciated, thanks.

7. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

bedoughty, check your email.