Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Yahoo WAP e-mail

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Oppie, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Oppie

Oppie Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-9400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Yes. I am confident that my phone settings are correct. This is reinforced by the fact that I can use my phone for wireless internet, go to ALL the sites, look at my yahoo calendar, my weather etc. My only issue is reading an e-mail and composing one. Would the cache affect this somehow (this is a stretch) or anything else in the advanced menu? The IP and WAP settings are good.

Oppie

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. producer

producer New Member

Oppie,

I tried everything the same way and am having no success. I notice you also live in WA. Do you think there could be some difference in the local Verizon service vs other places? (doesn't really sound logical)

G

Has anyone out there had this problem? We can't be the only ones...

HELP!!! I'm so close to reading email remotely (which would really be cool)

3. Oppie

Oppie Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-9400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Producer: I can't imagine that's the case. My remote e-mail worked fine before (Yahoo blocked the former IP address). I have checked the settings and they're correct. I just don't think that the signal is different for us in WA tha for everybody else. If I wasn't so close, Id say user error. But we can log-in and see the contents of the email folders. We just can't read the e-mails. Frustrating!

I'll post a solution if I discover one. More likely, however, someone else will discover a solution (Tony!) and let us know.

Good luck!

Oppie

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. producer

producer New Member

Thanks Oppie, and thanks to those who have posted all the amazing information on this forum. I'm learning a lot.

btw, Cool Mike Price quote!!

Go Huskies

5. Danoj77

Danoj77 New Member

Ok I have the LG VX6000(version 6) and I can't read my yahoo e-mails either. The exact same thing happens to me aswell, I can login and veiw all of the e-mails that are in my inbox but I get booted back to login when I try to read any. But this didn't happen with my Motorola 270c, with that phone I could read the yahoo e-mails. All of the WAP settings where the same and I am still using Verizon and I have not changed anything with my Verizon account.

So that leads me to believe that there are software issues with the LG's or that Verizon has set somthing in the phone that messes it up. I also think it might have somthing to do with encryption when using the 9201 port. But this is just what I think right now.

6. producer

producer New Member

It seems logical that it would be a phone compatability / software / port / encryption problem, except that Tony E (and I guess many others) have the exact same setup and it works fine.

This is really strange

btw, my phone s/w version is T60VZ05 (version 5??)

browser version 4.1.27

Somebody out there must have the answer

help!!!!

7. Oppie

Oppie Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-9400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    my 4400 is loaded with s/w version 6 and browser version 4.1.26L. Anyone know a Yahoo! tech?
    I emptied my cache and started from scratch with the same result.

8. Danoj77

Danoj77 New Member

On another forum I found some info on the Yahoo problem.
    In order to read our Yahoo e-mails the WAP Gateway we connect to needs to beable to store cookies for our phones becuase our phones don't.
    And it could be a security issue with the WAP Gateway we are connected to.

9. Oppie

Oppie Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-9400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Unless there is a setting on the phone which can be adjusted, I don't think that's the case. From what I understand from this forum, many 4400 and 6k's can read their Yahoo wap e-mail. Some cannot. All 4400 should be set the same as should all 6k's.

My first 4400 had s/w version 4 and I could access my e-mail. Now I have s/w version 6 (on a different 4400) and cannot.

What was the solution that was proposed on that other forum? Unless they have a solution, this is probably just a guess.

Oppie

10. Danoj77

Danoj77 New Member

Well the WAP gateway that you are connecting to needs to store Cookies for the phone, like info based on who is connecting and probably security info and if the gateway doesn't send that info then the connection fails.
    That info might help not sure though if I explained it correctly though.

11. Oppie

Oppie Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-9400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    The only difference (for me) is my s/w. I went from 04 to 06 in my 4400. If anyone here has s/w 08 or 10 and CAN read Yahoo e-mail, it may be a software issue. I attempted to have an updated s/w flashed but my VZW store doesn't have the cable.