Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Yahoo! and Sprint Launch Enhanced Mobile E-Mail Service

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by larry, Jun 13, 2005.

1. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Yahoo! and Sprint Launch Enhanced Mobile E-Mail Service

New Downloadable Application Built Specifically for Mobile Allows Consumers to Stay Connected and Manage their Yahoo! Mail Accounts on the Go

Media Contacts: Leslie Stafford, Sprint
    913-794-3654
    leslie.l.stafford@mail.sprint.com

Nicole Leverich, Yahoo! Inc.
    408-349-5583
    nicolewl@yahoo-inc.com

SUNNYVALE, CA and OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — 06/08/2005
    Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO), a leading global Internet company, and Sprint (NYSE: FON), which operates one of the largest 100-percent digital, nationwide wireless network in the United States, today announced the launch of the first downloadable Yahoo! Mail client application that gives customers nationwide enhanced access to the industry-leading e-mail experience on mobile devices. The new Yahoo! Mail for Mobile client is available to consumers across the country now on select Sprint devices.

The new Yahoo! Mail for Mobile client application gives consumers fast and easy access to their Yahoo! Mail account through a PC-like interface on a mobile device. The service allows consumers with select Sprint PCS VisionSM handsets to sign into and manage their Yahoo! Mail account from their phone, including, easy message management and access to their Yahoo! Address Book. The Yahoo! Mail client also gives Sprint customers storage for their e-mail on their handset, which means they can access their previously downloaded messages even when a data connection is not available. The service is $2.99 a month, and can be purchased directly from the handset and will be charged on their monthly wireless bill. An optional feature of the Yahoo! Mail client is instant notification of new messages - standard text messaging rates will apply.

"We are excited to give consumers enhanced access to their Yahoo! Mail account on their mobile device for the first time and continue to expand our long-term, successful relationship with Sprint," said Doug Garland, senior vice president, Yahoo! Mobile. "Yahoo! Mail continues to lead the market as the No. 1 e-mail provider in the U.S., with comScore estimating more than 60 million unique monthly users.* This new Yahoo! Mail for Mobile client demonstrates our continuing commitment to extend our core Yahoo! services beyond the desktop, builds on the range of leading Yahoo! services we offer on mobile devices and gives our loyal users the products they know and love, whenever and wherever they need them."

"Sprint recognizes the increasing desire of customers to have a more robust messaging experience on their handset," said John Styers, director - Data Communications Services, Sprint. "The new Yahoo! Mail for Mobile client application will give our customers easier access to their Yahoo! Mail when they are away from their PC."

Through Yahoo! Mobile, Yahoo! focuses on extending key Yahoo! services beyond the desktop, providing an integrated PC-to-Mobile experience and helping consumers make the most of the mobile environment. As the number of consumers using mobile data services continues to grow rapidly, Yahoo! has rolled out mobile extensions of key services including Yahoo! Messenger, Yahoo! Photos and Yahoo! Search across multiple carriers. Today's announcement of a new client to access the award-winning Yahoo! Mail service promises to further enhance the mobile experience for tens of millions of loyal Yahoo! Mail users. For more information on the availability of services across carriers and devices go to http://mobile.yahoo.com.

Today, through the Sprint PCS Vision service, customers have access to Web-based e-mail service. With the launch of Yahoo! Mail for Mobile, Sprint is able to offer customers an enhanced e-mail application that will make it easier than ever for Sprint customers to stay connected with their friends and family. Yahoo! Mail for Mobile by Sprint will be initially available on the Sprint PCS Vision Multimedia Phone MM-A700 by Samsung®, the Sprint PCS Vision Multimedia Phone MM-7400 by Sanyo®, the Sprint PCS Vision Multimedia Phone MM-5600 by Sanyo, the Sprint PCS Vision Smart Device Treo™ 600 by palmOne and the Sprint PCS Vision Smart Device Treo 650 by palmOne.

Yahoo! and Sprint initially announced an agreement to offer Yahoo!'s content and services to Sprint PCS Wireless Web subscribers in June of 1999. Since then, the two companies have continued to launch new services such as the Yahoo! Mobile Photos and Yahoo! Messenger for Mobile client applications, mobile games such as Yahoo! Poker and the next generations of enhanced products such as Yahoo! Search, Yahoo! Messenger and Yahoo! Finance on Yahoo!'s Mobile Internet service.

http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=6860

2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    :cool: , But I will still use the wap version. It works well and dosn't cost extra. :)

3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Agreed, although I might be tempted to get it as I'm using Yahoo e-mail and messenger more and more all the time now.

4. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I may try it, but I will have to wait until I put Vision back on my account. :)