Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

XV6700 Verizon

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by ccmd2b, Nov 9, 2007.

1. ccmd2b

ccmd2b New Member

Has anyone experienced an issue with not being able to download MMS pics after using the WiFi feature of the phone? After WiFi browsing I have to re-start my phone if I want to be able to download pics from other cell phones. This brings me to my second question.. how in teh H$%% do you reboot this thing without pulling the battery? The power button does nothing but turn the back light off..

Thanks,
    CC

2. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless
    There should be a reset button on the bottom that your stylus tip will fit into. As long as you don't press any other buttons, no unsaved data will be lost. This is true w/ the Alltel 6700 at least.

3. ccmd2b

ccmd2b New Member

Thanks for the info! Found the reset button but is there any type of power off function? as well as the answer to my pic sharing after wi fi usage.. any takers? Thanks in advance..
    C

4. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless
    There are functions of the device that can be powered off/on: Bluetooth, Wifi, data, and phone...these can be toggled off/on under the comm manager of the device.

The only way I found to power the entire device off at one time, is to take the battery out and don't turn the device back on once it is put back in the device (Again, my experience is with the Alltel 6700)

Not sure about your particular issue w/ pic msging after using wifi...My iPAQ has a weird idiosyncrasy of its own: I use my cell phone as a Bluetooth modem for my PDA. Every time I turn off my bluetooth and activate my wi fi, I have to soft reset the device before it will get an IP address from my router. But no issues when going back the other way, so maybe it's just a WM5 quirk.