Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

xv6700 unlock

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by tkresge, Feb 18, 2010.

1. tkresge

tkresge New Member

ok, strange situation. Bought phone used, was supposed to be clean esn, tried to activate as prepaid on pageplus. Pageplus verified esn ok to activate, gave me a new number and directions to activate. Here is where it goes horribly wrong.

I follow the activation instructions and a completely different phone number activates on the phone. All functions but text messaging are working!

Pageplus can't solve the problem, verizon verifies the phone is now active on their system bur not under my name. They can't tell who it's active under because its not me!!!!

Pageplus says there is nothing more than can do until verzon unlocks the phone.

Verizon can't unlock the phone for me because I'm not the holder of record and the phone is active and in good standing with them.

i guess my question is how do I unlock the phone (or get the code for pageplus) so I can activate it with my pageplus number and start using it as intended. Right now, I have no idea who is paying for my service!!!

Thanks in advance TK

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Unlocking the phone wouldn't make any difference. The issue is the ESN. Since ESN's are what makes CDMA phones work on their network, you're stuck unless there's some other way to deactivate it from Verizon.

What did Verizon tell you when you told them you have the phone, even though it's still active on their network? Are you sure the phone wasn't stolen (by the person you bought it from?). If so, there isn't much you can do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tkresge

tkresge New Member

thanks for the quick response. Verizon told me they can't tell me anything since I'm not the registered user. They show the phone as active and in good standing. The person I bought it from is an ebay reseller (in good standing and a lot of transactions) who had previously verified esn as clear. Page plus also verified esn as clear and then, somehow in the activation process it activates with a completely different number on the verizon network and, for the most par, fully functional.

The sureal part is verizon can't put me in touch with whomever they believe is the owner of the number because of their privacy policies and they didn't offer to contact them on my behalf.

4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    This is the one thing about getting CDMA phones from a third party, stuff like this can happen. Unfortunately you may be out of luck on this one. Wish I could give you a more positive option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tkresge

tkresge New Member

Thanks anyway. I guess my best option right now is to wait till a billing cycle occurs and wait till someone questions the couple of calls I've made and verizon has to investigate the problem.

I hope whomever is getting the bill checks their bills carefully!

6. crood

crood Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Moment
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Have you tried contacting the seller?

7. tkresge

tkresge New Member

Sent message to seller, waiting to see.