Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

XV6700 modifcations and tools

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by WirelessBeachBum, Mar 18, 2006.

1. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I would think in the next two months, but with Verizon you never know. :(

2. pextep

pextep New Member

Pls help. All i see on my screen is Serial port or Usb port and on the bottom of my screen i see V1.00 i cant get that off my screen.

PLS help

Thanks

3. FrankPerk

FrankPerk New Member

PayPal still recognizes the device as a PPC device even with all these changes. Any suggestions as to what might be triggering this? their mobile website is designed for regular cell phones and STINKS! With the 6700, I would like to use the real site!

THANKS

4. ffej

ffej New Member

Pixtep- If you haven't already found your answer by now, you need to re-flash your ROM. Your phone's software is having.. uhh issues.

Check out the Helmi APAC ROM Kitchen (Helmi_APAC_Official_AKU3.5_Kitchen_1.0.4 is the version I have). You can create a custom ROM for your device. google it or downlod it over at ppcgeeks.com

walk through the steps in the Help PDF and your golden. Remember, when actually updating the phone, the first attempt may fail.. worry not, just flash it again.

Hope that helpful to someone out there.

Jeff

5. caveman03

caveman03 New Member

hi I just bought a Verizon Wireless XV6700 and was wondering if I can use any other providers with this phone besides verizon like t-mobile Cingular ect.

6. ffej

ffej New Member

Well, verizon is a CDMA network while Cingular/ATT and TMobile are GSM networks.. so I seriously doubt it! Sprint is a CDMA network... not entirely sure if you could just use the same device on sprint.

You know how these wireless companies are... they just want to sell you a phone that was only designed to operate for a year and then lock you into a two year contract. Then they impose all these bizarre restrictions on you so that not just any phone will work on their network.

7. pdaphonejunkie

pdaphonejunkie New Member

That's non-sense. I don't understand why the VZW website says that there is no OBEX. I talked to a rep. one time and he said there was. Prior to that I had figured out how to send/recieve obejcts over BT. It's also listed in the registry. To recieve them check "Recieve all incoming beams' To send them tap "Beam file" and the other OBEX enabled device will show up there. All works good. The XV6700 Bluetooh stack is fully functional. Has Audio Gateway, OBEX, Handsfree.

8. NoMiss

NoMiss New Member

you have any luck resetting your 6700? I was upgrading Activesysnc and following directions to the letter on verizon site, phone just disconnected and now will not power up. I can hard reset and it goes right back to a blank dark screen with a very faint Serial at the top and v2.05 at the bottom. IF I plug in the usb, the laptop does not see it and then screen changes to a faint USB on top, v2.05 on the bottom. Any suggestions?

9. pdaphonejunkie

What ROM are you upgrading to? I went through so much trouble trying to upgade my phone to the newer WM5 ROM. It worked but it was hard. Yesterday I upgraded to WM6 and it failed because I forgot to put the phone in BootLodaer. ALso if you're using Vista or pluged in to a hub it will most likley fail. I would sugest use WM6, it is so much better! Starcom 6700 WM6 ROMs

[​IMG]

10. thecrimsonking

thecrimsonking New Member

Hows it going? New to modifying phones so i feel kind of lost. I was wondering how difficult it is to upgrade my rom to the WM6. I am using Verizon version of the XV6700.

Info from About screen: WM5/OS 5.1.195 (Build 14928.2.2.0).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11. pdaphonejunkie

That thread will explain it all. Put the phone in bootlaoder. Power+Record+Reset hole. Then plug it in and start the upgrade.

12. k7elh

k7elh New Member

Re: XV6700 modifications and tools

Question, how do I start the app on the phone? I cannot find the program anywhere on it.

I installed it (I guess) correctly, as it displayed a messgae saying it was installed.

Any help would be great. Thanks..

Eric
    K7ELH

13. designr18

designr18 New Member

Hi Guys I'm new to this forum...

Does anyone know if you can unlock the Verizon Adiovox XV6700 to use on an AT&T network? :confused:

If so how in depth is it to do?:loony:

Thanks

14. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    Those two handsets (and the carriers they operate on) use two different digital modulations. This is like the difference between analog AM and FM, Amplitude Modulation (used in 540 to 1700 KHz) and Frequency Modulation (used in 88 to 108 MHz). No, it cannot be done.

COtech

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...