Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

XV6700 modifcations and tools

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by WirelessBeachBum, Mar 18, 2006.

1. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Re: XV6700 modifications and tools

You need to put that cab file on your device and intall it from there.

2. jellybeangerman

jellybeangerman New Member

Re: XV6700 modifications and tools

Hi, Thanks.

I did install the regedit on my phone and laptop already. I was reading the threads about

all of the cool modifications like:

Add Timer & Disconnect Button To Data Connection Bubble.

I'm hung up on the this part:

Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - How, or where do you: "click" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE? IS this for only the Sprint versin of the xv6700? Can you please help an idiot rookie like myself?? So, here's where I'm at...I have downloaded the regedit to my phone and Laptop and that's it. I just want to know what to do next to enable some of these cool mods. Do I need to find cab files to add to my phone?? Very confused??? Thanks for the patiance!!

Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Click ControlPanel
    Click Phone
    [at this point, the buttom grey status bar should read \HKLM\ControlPanel\Phone'
    Click the bottom menu 'edit'
    Select new dword value

Change the value name to "Flags2" (no quotes).
    Select the 'hexidecimal' button.
    Type 10
    Click ok.
    You should now see in the 'name/data' section:

Flags2 16 (0x00010)

When done, reset the device.

3. pnayak

pnayak New Member

Hi All,

Hope i'm posting my question on the right thread. I got a new XV6700 from verizon/asurion (the insurance company) because I had a slight physical damage on my old one (but it still works). The display on the new deviced looked totally dull and kind of faded. When I put it next to the old device it looks really bad. I complained so they shipped me a new one and that has the exact same display problem. I tried adjusting the backlight brightness (that's the only adjustment I could find) but makes no difference. I've listed the Device Information from the device. Does anyone here know what could be the problem or is there some way to adjust the contrast or color mixing. ( The new devices has newer firmware I don't know if that's the problem). I don't know if the difference in firmware is causing it. But has anyone else noticed the same issue.

Old Device Information

ROM Version: 1.05.00 WWE
    ROM Date: 10/11/05
    Radio Version: 1.05.00
    Protocol Version: SNAZ-40306
    ExtROM version: 1.05.201 WWE
    Hardware Version: 0041
    PRL Version: 50511
    PRI Version: 1.10_002
    Browser version: MSIE 4.01

New Device Information

ROM Version: 2.07.20 WWE
    ROM Date: 02/24/06
    Radio Version: 1.10.00
    Protocol Version: SNAZ-40306
    ExtROM version: 2.07.200 WWE
    Hardware Version: 4041
    PRL Version: 50547
    PRI Version: 1.14_002
    Browser version: MSIE 4.01

If anyone can help me with this it will be great.

Thanks,

4. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The firmware will have nothing to do with your screen sharpness. The units the you get from Asurion are referbs. The best thing to do is call them back and tell them that the new one they sent has the same problem, they should keep sending you unit until your satisfied.

5. pnayak

pnayak New Member

I actually went to the verizon store and got a totally new one and that has the same problem. They guy pulled out like 3-4 replacement units they had and they are all the same. Wonder what's going on.

nayak

6. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Must be the batch that store recieved, try going to another store.

7. FrankPerk

FrankPerk New Member

NEWBIE QUESTION:

How can I modify my Verizon XV6700 PDA/Cell Phone to function on the Sprint PCS CDMA network (where it is marketed as the PPC-6700)? Seems like there must be a method of updating the software.

Is this possible?

Thanks

8. solar649

solar649 New Member

hi, everyone. I am new to the site and new to the xv6700. I just replaced a razor recently. and once i was using my 6700 I had an issue. I was on verizons web site and was going to do the wm5 update that they had listed on the site for the 6700 and when I ran to program it completely wiped my phone. I got the phone used so I can not warrenty it..

When I tun the phone on the screen light does not come on and the only thing that shows on the screen is serial(on top of screen)and v1.00 on the bottom.Whe I took the phone to the verizon store they told me that it had lost all its programming and was un recoverable.. I didnt beleive this...

I can do the hard and soft resets and get the same thing. either way - the screen lights up and ask to go to factory defualt press Y and to exit press N. This to me looks like the phone just needs to have all the original programming reloaded.

So I am here to ask if any one can help. I am not familier with this phone at all so I have no idea how or wehre to load info. Can some one supply me with the original verizon factory programming and the programs needed to load them. It had the windows mobile 5. I didnt know if they had another program before. Any help would be very much appriciated.

I hate to think I spend money for a phone I got to use for one day before i messed it up...

9. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I believe the bootloader mode for the apache is the same as the wizard, hold the camera button and press the power button, you should see the screen have Red, Green, and Blue bars on the screen, if I'm not mistaken you should be able to connect the phone via the usb cable in that mode and do a firmware flash. Best of luck, hopefully if the steps are different someone else will chime in.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. solar649

solar649 New Member

thank you so much for the info. I will try that tonight.. but I still have a problem. I need the firmware.. does any one have a copy they can post or send to me... thanks..

Carbuff773@cox.net

11. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Here is the firmware/ROM for the vx6700:

Verizon Wireless XV6700

Clcik "XV6700 Windows Mobile® 5.0 Software Update" on the bottom right of the page.

12. solar649

solar649 New Member

Ok, I tried to press the camera button and then the power button and nothing.. I get the same screen with serial and v1.00 on the sceen.. My computer only recognizes the phone as a unknow device when the ubs is plugged in.. does any ne have any other ideas or things I can try. I do have a mini sd card for the phone I can use to load if that is possible..

13. JBIRD8403

JBIRD8403 New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon xv6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    not to be a noob but ah could some one really quick break this thing down. i dont understand how to get to this hkey_local_machine. im guessing that hkey means hot key. but any how im an engineer and catch on to stuff quicklly i just need some one to break it all down really quick because i just bought this phone not to long ago and i know and i see now that i am missing out on a hole bunch of features that i would like to get my hands on.

thank you and again i apolgize for the dumb questions

14. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    You are descriding part of the registry in a WM device. To change it you need a program to view it. The two most used programs are:

PHM Regedit FREE!

Resco Explorer $29.95

15. JBIRD8403

JBIRD8403 New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon xv6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    also with the wmp when i play my music and then press my action button it plays for a while on the 6700 but then voice command pops up and trys to call sone one or figure out what command you want to do. is there any way to disable it so it doesnt do that? even though i know thats what its ment to do.

16. foofy1337

foofy1337 New Member

hi, im a new user to the 6700 and i was wondering is there a mod that auto shuts down the phone so i dont have to wait like forever?

17. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Where is the action button???

Not sure what you mean by auto shut down??? When pressing the power button, all that turns off is the screen. To turn the phone part of the 6700 off you need to put it in flight mode. For a complete shut down of the whole device you need to pull the battery.

18. JBIRD8403

JBIRD8403 New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon xv6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    i have a jabra bt500 and the action button is on the tip of the mic. at the bottom

19. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    This A2DP hack is for stereo bluetooth headsets, not regular mono headset That is why it is not working.

20. JBIRD8403

JBIRD8403 New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon xv6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    OH ok thank you very much i was wondering whyy it wasn't. it would play for like 15 sec. then stop

21. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  22. JBIRD8403

JBIRD8403 New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon xv6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    thanks allot i'm at work right now but soon as I get off I will defiantly try this because its something I have been wanting to get my hands on. our bosses at our jobs think engineers listening to music I no good so they really don’t let us but all they really look for is an ipod wire of phone jack wire so this will help allot because it does get boring

23. JBIRD8403

JBIRD8403 New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon xv6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    is there any way to back up your contacts? or do i have to go out and buy another program

24. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    On the CD that came with your 6700 their should be a copy of Outlook. You can backup/save your contacts with that program. :)

25. JBIRD8403

JBIRD8403 New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon xv6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    What About You Phone # Contacts Because I Dont Have Outlook Set Up

26. JBIRD8403

JBIRD8403 New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon xv6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    another question is i want to use my phone as a wireless router for my lap top is there anyway taht i can do this without verizon - also i did that update from verizon and it wiped out all my phone # is there anyway of getting these back or is that just gone for ever

27. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    If you don't have Outlook, their are acouple of other programs out there. I will have to look around as I don't remember them off the top of my head. With any update you will loose your contacts for ever if you don't backup your device. I will look into the router idea. I am not sure if it can be done. I have high speed at home and Sprin's cheap EVDO when I am out so I very rarely use WiFi. :)

28. JBIRD8403

JBIRD8403 New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon xv6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    thanks for all your help budney finally verizon found out it was a bad phone well actually yesterday i went through 3 vx6700 (of course they were refub.) so they gave me the option to upgrade to the treo 700wx now did i make a mistake with keeping this one? i had the option but i really love this phone the screen is big and the buttons but if the treo was a better phone then (like the sales rep said) then mabe i should of got it. any imput would be good

29. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    It really comes down to two things can you live with what is wrong with your 6700, and what do you use your device for. I think you did the right this though as the 6800 should be out soon for Verizon. If your 6700 has more issues then they should upgrade you to the 6800, as it is much more inline with the 6700. :)

30. JBIRD8403

JBIRD8403 New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon xv6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    LOL yea your right i forgot about that do u know a date for the 6800 because the did metion the only phone that they could give me was the treo wx which was more expensive than the 6700 because that was the only phone that could compair to the 6700.