Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

XV6700 modifcations and tools

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by WirelessBeachBum, Mar 18, 2006.

1. vic1977

vic1977 New Member

Hi rdgraphics,

yes, you can hardreset and restore your data from backup.

What backup tool do you use?

I can recommend Spb Backup, it allows you to restore from SD card and many more. Works fine on PPC6700.

Best regards,
    Victor

PPC6700 Software:

#31 vic1977, Apr 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2006
  2. gkhairallah

gkhairallah New Member

My Phone:
    AudioVox XV6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I was just wondering if all these mods apply to phones for any of the carriers? namely, the ROM upgrade. I saw a link to upgrade the ROM, but that download is coming from Sprint.com , I have a XV6700 (Verizon). does that ROM work on my device? or is there another rom specific to mine?

Also, the rest of the mods.. are they all safe to apply to all 6700 devices?
    Thanks for your assistance.

By the way, if any of you are interested, I've written a pretty detailed review on the XV6700.... you can check it out if you're interested...
    http://blog.foreignkid.com/2006/04/15/audiovox-xv6700-verizon-wireless-review/

Again, thanks for the help.

3. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The ROM will not work for your VX6700, please don't try to install it. The other hacks should all work. The only one that dosn't is the Wireless Today Screen hack I posted, it dosn't seem to work on the VX6700 right now.

4. gkhairallah

gkhairallah New Member

My Phone:
    AudioVox XV6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Budney, Thanks for the heads up. I actually went and did some research, and it looks like the Verizon updated ROM won't be out till sometime in October maybe. but I'll play around with other hacks , aside from the Today hack.
    Thanks again!

5. Ben Rivera

Ben Rivera New Member

I have the VZW with the netmui.dll.0409 file also. I have the same issue.

6. dough

dough New Member

One really annoying thing I've had with my VX6700 Sometimes, for no reason with my media card inserted, Media Player pops up and ask if I want to search the card for media. It does this again periodically when I bring the phone back from sleep mode.

Also, does anybody know a good way or a program, (other than speed dial), to have a "quick contacts" list of phone numbers you use most often? Such as when i dial my girlfriend I'd like to have her home number or cell number quickly, without having to sort through my 500 or so contacts on my phone.

7. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW

The easiest way is to use MS Voice Command.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. dough

dough New Member

Thanks
    I'll check that out. I used the voice command a lot on my old motorola V710. Another gripe I have (just found this one out) is that I have a 128 bit WEP encryp on my WAP at work. On PocketPC 2003, I could open a notepad file where I keep all my WEP keys in. Copy the text, then paste it in the WEP box in the wireless set up. But now I can't. Like I'm going to remember all those numbers. Is there a workaround? possibly in the registry?

9. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I use WPA-PSK so it's not so much of an issue for me. Can you not use that instead of WEP?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Epidemic

Epidemic New Member

Actually, instead of bending it and breaking it, you can just take a small little piece of tape and wrap it around the tip of the stylist so it only goes around once, and it'll stay in there snug. Only problem is you should change it every week or so or it'l lstart getting old and get stuck inside the phone.

11. 510jungleboy6700sp

510jungleboy6700sp New Member

Re: Add Timer & Disconnect Button To Data Connection Bubble.

Is there a way to add Timer and Disconnect Button for Wi-Fi Also? I am using SPrint PCS.:browani:

12. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Re: Add Timer & Disconnect Button To Data Connection Bubble.

When you click on the active WiFi icon on the top of the screen you can disconnect WiFi, but their is no timer.

13. Non-Tech

Non-Tech New Member

I'm new to this so, sorry if I'm asking redunant questions. Basically I have tried your tips, and I am just a non-tech. Would anyone out there be a, willing to walk me thru the hacks, or b, do it for me...lol

Basically, I want to bring up the volume, be able to use the phone as a modem, and use voice command with my bt. Any one out there want to help a nontech girl???

Thanks a bunch!!

14. joe007

joe007 New Member

Looking at switching out my Treo 650 for a VX6700. First what are your thoughts

Second has anyone found away around this BS?

*The XV6700 supports the Wireless Headset and Handsfree Bluetooth Profiles. It does not support object transfer (OBEX) profiles.

15. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    there's no way to enable obex for the XV6700... however, activesync supports bluetooth and so you can just use activesync to browse your device and copy files over as you see fit. I haven't had a problem not having OBEX. The only downside is that you can't use it with MacOS. Supposedly the Missing Sync will be WM5 compatible soon but it's not yet.

16. joe007

joe007 New Member

So simple. I was ready to get some BET on it. Thanks WBB!
    :) :rolleyes: ;) :D :p :wink:

17. Boo_Daddy

Boo_Daddy New Member

I dont think this is true. I had a Motorola Q, and I traded it for the XV6700. I hated the darn Q.... but it had OBEX. I had some pics and music files on my Q that I wanted on my new 6700. I selected the file I wanted to transfer on my Q, hit the "send by bluetooth" and VOILA!!!! My 6700 asked if I wanted to recieve the file.

OBEX ON THE 6700!!!!! I cant send anything from my 6700 over obex though.... but I darn sure can recieve OBEX.

18. bluesneaky

bluesneaky New Member

Just got a new 6700 from Verizon. Had read that the new ROM update was being shipped and was also available at the manafactures site but not Verizon. I found this to be true. The new update does not seem to restrict the bluetooh and phone as it did in the past. Again I found this listed as one of the "fixes" listed to come with the new software version.

Sounds great and seems to be the case. But tonight I downloaded and installed the PHM regedit and I seem to have a new issue.

PHM edit runs but the trouble starts there. In the users manula for regedit it shows the regedit screen shots. On the most basic, such as the keys, the device si shown. Suposedly I can browse down to a level to find what it is I wish to change. But on my 6700 with PHM running I get no [+] or [-] by any of the keys or even "device". this makes it impossible to browse down where needed. No matter what I try nothing will let me go down into any keys as far as I can find. I even did a search on something as simple as the phrease mozilla and it could not find it anywhere.

So does anyone know about this new release from Verizon and if they have locked me out from regedit some how?

19. bluesneaky

bluesneaky New Member

Ooops also forgot to mention what started all this.

Verizon tech support told me the 6700 could not be used as a modem with a laptop. Seems hard to belive. even the verizon CD packed with the phone comes with instructions on how to do it.

It calls for me to do the following in step #1 --- "1. On Windows Mobile: Tap Start->Programs->Wireless Modem " Well I do not have a program called wireless modem on my 6700. So I called verizon to ask how I was suposed to use it with the laptop and thats when they said "cant do it".

Funny thing is they are charging me extra on my plan so I can. I just got the phone 2 days ago and per verizon (it was a verizon store not an agent) I am able to do it. Now the story is that I have 15 days to return the phone and get one that will work as a modem like the samsung or motorola q. ARGH!

ANybody got any coments here?

Thanks All!

20. srikrsna8874

srikrsna8874 New Member

Any easy way to unlock from Sprint to GSM Network.

21. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Unlocking the ROM isn't the same as unlocking a GSM device. A CDMA PPC/VX6700 will never work on a GSM network, two different technologies.

22. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Okay it may be past your 15 days but you can use your device as a modem...

open file explorer on your device....
    browse to the windows folder....
    Under Menu click on Show All Files...
    Scroll down until you find the WModem program, and click on it...

"The utility will simulate this device as a wireless modem, and let your PC/Notebook be connected to network wirelessly.

Please deactivate Activesync if used. Choose the right connectin Type (USB, IRDA or Bluetooth) and press "start". Then you can connect this device via the selected interfaces."

If you can't find the WModem settings (which I believe the Verizon modifications may remove.) Then you will have to follow these instructions...

Hard Reset your device...
    Hold the reset button and the two smart buttons at the same time...
    click yes to erase all data...

When the phone reboots and and the screen says (Verizon is customizing your device) press the reset button again to stop the installations of those programs....

When it powers up again open the TotalCommander program...

Download Total Commander from the following link: http://ghisler.fileburst.com/ce/tcmdpocketarm.exe

run the total commander program out of Start -> Programs -> Total Commander.

Type in the path \Extended_ROM\ in the path box

Use total commander to manually install the programs you want... SMS...rings etc..

By selectively installing only the programs you will use you will save memory as well....

You should now be able to run the WModem program as well....

good luck...

23. howardb1

howardb1 New Member

Re: XV6700 modifcations and tools - Looking for unlock replacement/mod

With my previous phone, I got used to using it as a pocket watch, because even when it was locked I could see the time, date and a number of other details. Now that I have the XV6700, I find that it has to be locked or it will randomly do stuff, like start a call or run a program, also locking it with a password is a good idea anyway.

However, with the standard password unlock applet I can only see the top most status line which only shows the time. Is there a replacement password unlock applet that can show the date and time in larger text (the status line is almost too small for me to see without glasses)?

Thanks

24. Magik

Magik New Member

Hi everyone, im new to the forums and had a few questions for ya.

first...where to put wma files to be a ringtone?

Second...is it possible to connect to a VNC server that is running the Java applet for connections? If it is possible to do it, can anyone tell me why i keep getting an error that says:
    "the page cannot be downloaded or displayed becuase the connection was lost. check the connection and try again."
    Then i can surf to a favorite without a problem immediately after.

Third...When i am syncing my emails through an exchange server over the data connection, why do the emails disapear from the system after about 10 minutes? my computer is set to pull emails every minute, but to keep them a copy on the server.

Thanks for the help in advance, and thanks for helping a day one newb trying to get things working.

25. Magik

Magik New Member

I figured out the problem with outlook. It is removing messages from the server, and i didnt think i had that option checked.

26. nlikeflynn

nlikeflynn New Member

Trying to get WMP to play music through my moto H700 BT headset. I am using the Sprint PPC 6700...I have tried to your recommendations, and am able to hear music for only 10 seconds. When the action button is pushed (BT device), the phone asks for "Voice Soeed Dial"/Music plays and when it (VSD) times out, I lose the music.
    I have added the A2DP program that was mentioned elsewhere in the site. Any suggestions...

#56 nlikeflynn, Jan 15, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  27. Magik

Magik New Member

I have the H700 as well, but i was not aware that the XV6700 was able to recognize the buttons on the bluetooth except the volume ones...

Also, I dont think its possible to export media to anything other than stereo bluetooth. if it is possible, that would be awesome to know how to do it....do share.

28. jellybeangerman

jellybeangerman New Member

Re: XV6700 modifications and tools

Hi,

I'm a neophyte to all of this. I have a ridiculas question. How, or where do you get to the HKEY on most of the threads? I went on my phone and looked through my file explorer and couldn't find it.

Could someone please help!

Thanks

29. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T

File explorer will not show your registry file. Microsoft dose this so normal users wound go in their and mess up their phone. If you feel ready to hack your phone do a search here or on google for PHM RegEdit.

30. jellybeangerman

jellybeangerman New Member

Thanks for that. I have that downloaded on my laptop, so how do I work it from here?

Thanks.