Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

XV440 Hands free Car Kit

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by PhoneJunkie, Mar 2, 2003.

1. PhoneJunkie

PhoneJunkie New Member

I got a car hands free kit from Radio Shack for the 510 (I think) and it works wel except that the charging feature of the adapter does not charge.
    I understand that there are some problems with older LG chargers giving the "Full charge" notice even when not fully charged. This is what is happening to me. Is there any workaround.? all of the other features of the hands free kit wrok well. This was on sale at RS for only $15 down from $70. I would like to use it .

thx

2. Alex

Alex Senior Member

Actually on the older model LG phones the HFK works great and you never get the charging completed at all. (I used that with my TM510 and VX10 model).
    With my new VX4400 the only time I get the charging completed on the screen if the battery is fully charged.
    You need to use the PHF-32W or 31W model. If you are using the HFK that originally designed for the V111 and probably worked with TM510 you are going to have so many problems down the road. Also you constantly get the charging completed on the screen.

3. PhoneJunkie

PhoneJunkie New Member

Yes the HFK is probably the latter. Can you elaborate on the "so many problems down the road"

4. Alex

Alex Senior Member

I tested the old HFK and the new model. There are some differences on the current and the power. So I am assuming that is why the manufacture decided to redesign the HFK. Otherwise they keep the old model.
    Don't take my word. I could be wrong. I had some bad experience with the Verizon brand car charger that I used with my TM510 and I was told it is compatible with the VX4400. But I end up to by the LG brand. It caused my phone to randomly power cycling during incoming call. I've not have any problems since I am using the correct car charger.