Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

x30 + Moto E815 + Bluetooth = Nada

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by Bladez, May 3, 2006.

1. Bladez

Bladez New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    OK I have been up and down the web trying to find an answer and make this work. I have a brand new E815 phone and I'd like to get the DUN working with my Axim. I have read forums here, and HoFo, along with several Google searches and AximSites's forums as well.

I'll try to give as MUCH info as I can....

Phone
    Verizon Wireless Motorola E815 (SW Version: 8720_01.1E.00)

Calling Plan
    America's Choice Family Share (3 phones on account)

PDA
    Dell Axim x30 (Wi-Fi + BT onboard)
    ROM Version A06
    BT Version 1.5.0 Build 4300

I can pair the phone to x30 and that works. I create a new DUN connection:

Username: <myphonenumber>@vzw3g.com
    Password: vzw
    Number Dialed: #777

=======================================================

When I click connect, the phone goes "Dialing..." and soon flashes back to the normal desktop screen. The PDA eventually cancels saying it cannot connect due to user/pass problem. I believe that's a generic error out for the the PDA.

=======================================================

I have tried the different tactics of setting the phone to test mode, forcing 1xRTT service (in essence stopping EVDO) and trying that way. I still get no where.

So.....

Is it a plan issue?
    -- I used to be able to connect to the 1xRTT network without a data plan using my laptop and old phone.

Is it a settings issue?
    -- I have gone through everything i can think of at least three times. I am willing to admit that the largest problems usually have the easiest solution, so I will admit I MAY have overlooked something.

Has anyone truely made this exact setup work?
    -- If so I will do my best to NOT move my house to your neighborhood and start up a religion in your honour. :)

If I missed anything, let me know. I appologise for the length, however I am truely , at this point, lost! :(

2. uofdvzw

uofdvzw New Member

its a firmware issue the 1E.00 no longer supports EVDO DUN
    now with that said you can enable TEST mode and force your 815 into 1x after its in 1x you can use DUN like normal but you'll only be at 1x speeds.

How to force 1x mode?
    PRESS menu 0 73887 *
    code is 000000
    scroll down to test mode
    select "enable" for test mode
    go back to the idle screen (press end button couple times)
    now press menu then the left soft key

now you will see a wjitre screen with blue characters...
    scroll to the 3-4 page and you will see sopmething saying HDR
    the HDR is set to auto
    change HDR to cdma
    exit out of here.
    then go back to test mode( menu 073887 *)
    disable test mode.

Your other option is put the firmware 17.03 back on the phone and do ##DIALUP now you have EVDO speed DUN.

Its really pros and cons for both firmware versions.. I use the 1E.00 and suffer with the slow 1x speeds

3. Bladez

Bladez New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I did see this test mode hack on HoFo I think.. I did try it, however when the phone went to dial #777 is just flashed calling and went back to normal. It just wouldn't work via BlueTooth.

I did call VZW figuring I might be able to get something usefull out of that. The guy I spoke to was very cool and said there technically should be nothing stopping me from doing what I am doing, however he did offer the low .02/Kb plan for data as an optional "easy way".

I just cannot figure out why it won't do the 1x OR the EVDO DUN over the BT even with the hack. (God that was a lot of acronyms...) :confused:

4. uofdvzw

uofdvzw New Member

is your phone in 1x when you dial? it has to be other wise it won't work and I know that the screen will go back to normal after it dials but the PDA should show a successful connection. I know it works I am using it now. to my laptop... PM me if you need more help