Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

wut's up with the vx2000?

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by bigworm, Dec 5, 2002.

1. bigworm

bigworm New Member

I haven't heard anything about this phone. Does anyone have it? If so, how is it?

2. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    New Orleans has it on Verizon's website (was bored and was looking around the country), but my area (Philadelphia + DE), we don't have it. So, I guess it should be out soon?

3. allorache

allorache New Member

I just got one. I would give it a mixed review. Size & weight are almost exactly that of my old Nokia 3390, which I liked. The speakerphone sounds OK although I've only listened to voice mail with it, not tried to carry on an actual conversation. The button to activate the speakerphone is funky, sometimes it activates the speakerphone and sometimes it opens a calendar. I haven't figured out any technique to fix that. I can't locate any one-button access to recently dialed numbers, seems like you have to scroll through about 3 menu levels to get that. It does have one-touch access to scroll through your phone book, an essential for me. It inexplicably swtiches to analog in in-town areas where seconds before I had 4 bars of digital. I don't know if this is a phone problem or a Verizon problem or if the update they had me download to the phone today will fix it. I am disappointed with call quality in general and can't tell if that is a phone issue or a Verizon issue. I'm inclined to think the latter, though, because on occasion everything sounds just fine, so it would seem that the phone is capable of decent sound.

4. allorache

allorache New Member

The reception was so poor I returned the VX 2000 and got Kyocera 2235s. The reception is NOTICEABLY better with the Kyoceras. I live in an area that the cell store acknowledged is not one of Verizon's best. In parts of town with really good Verizon signal, the VX2000 was fine. I liked the size, design, features, etc of the VX2000 more than the Kyocera, but I would not get one unless you are confident you will beusingit in really good signal areas.