Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Wow

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by andrewzorn, Jul 21, 2004.

1. andrewzorn

andrewzorn Junior Member

My VX6000 was on the last battery bar all day and I came home to pull off some pictures via the USB cable.
    I left it hooked up to the computer after I was done and went to my car and eventually found myself cleaning it out again.
    I came back after about 15 minutes and remembered the phone was still attached and proceeded to unplug it. THE CHARGE WAS FULL.

I assume it is the USB power that does this, but it is only phenomenal because the phone charges in < 1/10 of the time, and I usually turn my phone off while charging. It is also much more convenient than the dock because when you have a leather case AND YOU LOST THE STUPID RUBBER NOT-ATTACHED THING THAT I THOUGHT I TOOK SPECIFIC PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID.

Thinking back, this has happened before. Because I remember once I plugged it into the computer so I could add wallpapers before I went to charge it, but after I was done, I no longer had to.

Mostly posted this just so anyone who didn't know does, and to see if just maybe it's an incorrect battery reading or something.

2. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I cannot comment on the accuracy of the reading; but it is my understanding that quick charges harm the battery.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. andrewzorn

andrewzorn Junior Member

can anyone vouch for this?
    i mean, i wasnt actually intending to charge the battery, it just sort of happened. im not saying that it didnt do damage since i didnt realize, but rather that people who spend a deacent amount using their cables sort of make such a problem unavoidable. elaboration...

4. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    relax, it won't harm your battery, remember that now we have lithium-ion batteries that have no memeory effect, your battery is not fully charge even though it's showing a full charge on your phone's display, what you are seeing is a trickle charge that only charges your battery to a point where you have some charge on your battery to used it for a few minutes but will drain rapidly once you start to make calls.....
    it seems like you have the usb cable with the charging feature, it's supposed to charge your battery while it's plugged in just like a car charger...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. axvx8xoxr

axvx8xoxr Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    so if you were to be somewhere away from home/office you could forget bringing your phone charger and bring your laptop with USB cable...hmm...How long would a full charge take from a USB cable?

6. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    depending on the cable you're using and the condition of your battery as well as how drained it is it could fully charge it within 2.5 hours....
    there are different usb cable brands, so that also comes into play...

7. axvx8xoxr

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    So I guess it's safe to say about the same time as a wall charger, I was hoping that the USB could be a little faster..

Doesn't matter much anyway, I just plug my phone in at night and it's ready to go in the morning..

8. andrewzorn

andrewzorn Junior Member

im not saying youre wrong, but ive made several calls and the battery is still showing as 4/4. if it even lasts me to sunday ill consider it far better than the dock and just charge it with usb as long as it will cause no damage to the battery. you were referring to the stock battery on the 6000, right?

9. axvx8xoxr

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Any chance a USB charge could be messing with the chip in your battery that tells it when it's done charging?

10. andrewzorn

andrewzorn Junior Member

well hey it might i dont really care what the battery reads. my test is that if i can use this phone about 15-30 minutes a day and push buttons for teh other 16 hours and it lasts me about 3 days, ill call that charged.
    as long as it doesnt damage the battery which it doesnt.
    i keep all of my stuff by the computer anyway, and with 8 usb ports (and nothing on any of the others) then i can just plug it up when im eating dinner and i can charge it then.

11. axvx8xoxr

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Good to hear, hopefully when a data cable is available for my 7000 I will be able to test this out on my phone also. For now I'll stick with the OEM charger..