Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Wow, the 3586i is a great little phone.

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by aaronrkelly, Jun 12, 2003.

1. aaronrkelly

aaronrkelly Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX5550
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular
    I think I have found my new favorite cell for awhile. The color doesnt seem to kill my battery any faster than my 3585 and the wallpaper feature (when Nokia gets the Data Suite released) is going to be great....although you think they would have already had this ready when they released the phone. I could customize everything for my 3585 with the cable and now I just have a plain 3586i - shooot. Hope they release that software soon.

[​IMG]

2. sillybilly

sillybilly Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Mesmerize
    Wireless Provider(s):
    USCC
    Yes the 3586i is a cool phone. The ringer is LOUD!! I hope Sprint picks up this phone because I sure miss nokia phones.[​IMG]
    BTW, I would not call the phone "little"!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aaronrkelly

My Phone:
    LG VX5550
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular
    You have a point there, more like a petite brick........

4. frazzled

frazzled Junior Member

I noticed that you have had the Moto V60 as well as various Nokias. Which of these do/did you like the best?

5. aaronrkelly

My Phone:
    LG VX5550
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular
    I really like the idea of the Moto V60 but the ones we (my wife and I) had were really buggy. Sometime when you got a call there was no way to answer it, you can hit any key and it would respond - you would have to pull the battery to get control back. Another annoyance was the reminders and alarms went off whenever they felt like it. The menu structure just plain sucked. Call quality was pretty good. I had all the accessories and really liked the headset that turned it into the FM radio, it was nice. This was my first non-Nokia digital phone and I would recommend most of the LG phones over it......just didnt float my boat. I bought them like the day they were available, they cost around $320 a piece and I bought a pair, plus desktop charger and 2 spare batteris and the headset - lotta money and they werent that great.

Hmmm, well out of all the Nokias I had so far I would have to say my favorite was the 7160. That was a great phone and if there was anyway to customize it (faceplates etc) I would have kept it. The keys were good size, that roller thing rocked and the slider was really nice. The phone never seemed big to me despite the size of the display, it always seemed really thin. Wish Nokia would do something in this form factor in CDMA - I would buy it in a minute.

Next would be the 3585 and 3586 - they are nice size phone too. I have yet to decide which one is the best of the two. The ringers are loud and customization is almost endless - and will get even better as more people carry stuff for them.

The 3360 was a decent phone but the battery life was horrible - the one great think was the IR port. It saved me typing alot of contacts into this phone. Wonderful customization but it just ate batteries like no other.

The 5120i - it was a phone.....bout it.

The Kyocera was a decent little phone. Almost no customization and in my attempt to change the faceplate for the third time (other times worked great) I killed it. Great call quality and good signal. Love the blue light. Alot of people had troubles with the screens on these and also a problem where they would turn off for no reason - I dont think I had mine long enough to have the problems.

I like the 7160 the best, then either the 3585 or 3586, then the V60, next 3360, the Kyocera and last the 5120i. My wife also had a 8260 and she really like it - but damn its to small.

6. frazzled

frazzled Junior Member

aaronrkelly -

Thanks for the input. I have been "beat up" by the Moto users who worship the V60. I am trying to find a replacement for my Startac. From my reading it looks like there are few functional/technical differences between the 3586i and the V60P (P to T). Without ever touching the Nokia I can safely say that the Nokia is easier to use. Moto users say that the Moto CDMA chipset out performs the Nokia's. I have no way of telling that. I just wish that Verizon carried the 3586i so that I could try it.