Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

WOW! New T-MOBILE RATEPLANS KICK ___

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

T-Mobile released new rate plans that spank the competition today! They are available in ALL MARKETS.

$39.99 for 1000 Anytime With Roaming and LD.
    $99.99 for 5000 Anytime With Roaming and LD.

It includes nationwide GSM roaming on most all providers (except AT&T, apparently)

And Best of all.. These are GRANFATHERABLE rateplans... They don't expire until you change your rateplan. Read AT&T's fine print and you'll find out that the "Minutes Without Limits" expire after the contract term..

The ad literature takes a poke at the competition too.
    Q. 'do my minutes rollover'
    A. 'no, but with this many minutes, you won't need 'em'

:) GO BIG GERMAN TELCO!! GO LIKE THE CARS AND BEER AND BLONDE WOMEN YOU ALSO PERFECTED. GO GO GO!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah looks like it does kick our Asses right there! There arent any night or weekend minutes.

Looks like a pretty lame deal to me. What good is a 1000 Anytime minute when u do not get any nights or weekend free?
    1000 Minuts for 40 bucks a month is about 4 cents per minute. You might as well get a Freeup phone from Verizon and save your self for another day by not signing the contract. Wot Sez guys?

3. jmccrane

jmccrane Bronze Senior Member

Nationwide GSM roaming on all providers (except AT&T). Wow, think of all the GSM providers that I could roam off of! We have Cingular, and...oh, I guess that's it...and they only place that they're in that T-Mobile is not in is the Carolinas. Oh well, so much for nationwide GSM roaming.

I agree with the last poster. I don't care if you do get that many anytime minutes. If you're anything like most of us, they'd be burned up in the Night/Weekend calls. It is simply inexcusable that T-Mobile does not offer Unlimited N/W, or some pool of minutes for off-peak. These plans are worthless to me.

4. Meanee

Meanee Junior Member

Those plans don't have any nights or weekends minutes, and T-Mobile cuts commissions on those, so don't expect alot of dealers to tell you about those plans

5. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Those new plans are in direct response to the AT&T national GSM charter plans, which are 1000 and unlimited minutes at those two price points, respectively, for one year.

I've already seen two responses on other boards that like these plans. They are designed more for a business customer who doesn't need n/w minutes.

Also, the 29.99 plan has been upgraded to 300 anytime minutes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Lately I discovered that Verizon has lots holes in their coverage like the grand stand of Montclair State University in NJ.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Business customers don't use T-Mobile. Business customers (successful business customers that is) wouldn't rely on their inferior network. When's the last time you saw a Business Executive using T-Mobile that wasn't employed by T-Mobile? For them, it's about quality not quantity.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

JD power and Associates report:

If you get 5 million night and weekend minutes, and the average user of wireless uses a total of 422 minutes a month... isn't it a moot point for the average customer?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Many wall street types including myself rely only upon peak minutes to accomplish our tasks. T-Mobile has been successful in this department with their 3000 regional package for 59.99$. 1000 for 39.99$ is a hell of a lot better than 400 for the same price (AT&T/Sprint/Verizon). Bottom line, for the non-college user who doesn't intend to spend hours talking to their girlfriend at night these plans are great!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Wall Street types wouldn't be caught dead with a T-Mobile phone on their belt. Maybe a lousy trader - that would explain his pattern of thought...

11. Guest

Guest Guest

WOW! New T-MOBILE RATEPLANS REALLY DO LICK @SS

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow. Anonymous posters really do suck a$$.

And I never see business people with Moto V60s or celebrities with V70s.

Quality vs quantity? I wouldn't be caught dead calling a client on a SPCS phone. I haven't placed or received a crystal clear call on that network since 1999. Ditto Verizon. CDMA's sound quality just plain stinks, imho.

Seeing as how T-Mobile has coverage in just about every major market, almost mirroring SPCS's digital coverage, I don't see what the stink is about.

Oh - and, BTW - only Nextel and T-Mobile customers have a seamless way to roam overseas. Cingular & AT&T aren't there yet.

If you're a business and you send someone to Europe and he needs a phone - are you going to rent a 5100 series 900/1800 phone for $50/week and pay $1.50 - 2.00/minute, or send him with his own, inexpensive 900/1800/1900 GSM phone at 99 cents/minute?

13. adge20

adge20 New Member

Lets review all of T-Mobile's Plans shall we?
    (Quoting from the brochure i picked up 2 hours ago)

Plan.............................*WhereeverMinutes*......Weekend......Cost

Basic Plan....................60....................................500...............19.99

Talk & Text Plan...........250..................................UNLIMITED....29.99

Get More Plan..............600..................................UNLIMITED....39.99

Get More Plus Plan......800..................................UNLIMITED.....59.99

Get More Max Plan......1400................................UNLIMITED......99.99

Note to all ::::: TMobile works in most of Europe too WITHOUT ALTERING YOUR PHONE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

14. jmccrane

Let's review just 1 comparable Sprint plan...

$30- 300 daytime
    UNLIMITED NIGHTS as well as weekends
    FREE PCS-PCS on a 2 year agreement
    (Unlimited data for $10 more)

I hate to say it, but Sprint's got your less expensive plans beat and can compete with the higher-priced plans as well.

You make a nice point for Europe usage, but most of us don't need that. Oh, BTW, not all T-Mobile phones can work in Europe.

15. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    wow works in europe, too bad it does not work at my mom's house here in the US where I actually make my calls to/from

16. adge20

adge20 New Member

For some of the "business type" that people were nagging on about before, it seems as if T_mobile is an anti-fashion statement. Those of us that do work in business, take the trips to MAJOR cities in America, and have to take that ever important business meeting in Europe, somehow i truthfully don't care that my screen will say T-Mobile, because my phone will make an even better statement.

17. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    adge - your plan info os out of date. The 29.99 plan increased top 300 minutes today.

jmccrane - sprint's pcs2pcs feature is a nice addition. I wonder if T-M will respond. Verizon does it too on some plans. It's value is dubious though - some people will love it, but if your firends don't use sprint (in this example) it's not worth anything....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    That's funny, I know a lot of businesspeople who use T-Mobile, especially the ones who travel overseas. I still see more AT&T business customers, but that's because AT&T actively court businesses whereas TM don't. A lot of my colleagues like TM because it's cheap, it has good coverage in the cities (and let's face it, how often does a business customer go out to the farms of Nebraska?), and they provide TM-to-TM free for business accounts.

19. maciej

maciej Banned

my average month looks as follows: ~700 "day" minutes a month, ~1300 N/W minutes a month. Clearly any plan that does not offer enough FREE N/W time is out of the question. at $40 a month for 1000 is not a good at all.

SprintPCS kicks arse for those who need fast data with their plans: $55 gets me 500 "day" minutes, unlimited nights&weekends, unlimited PCS Vision, unlimited long dist. Now, that's a plan!

5 bucks more for unlimited phone-to-phone if you have people with PCS phone that you call frequently.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

too bad SPCS phones are down to one reliable brand - sanyo. so for those who are coming in as new customers and purchase a phone because it looks cool, they will be very disappointed and blame it on
    sprint's service. bring out the 5300, drop samsung and lg, and do some business with Motorola.

21. jmccrane

I must agree. Qualcomm/Kyocera used to be strong for Sprint, but they've disappeared off the radar screen. For all new Sprint customers: Get a Sanyo, any Sanyo from the 4500 up is good.