Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Worst way your cellphone was destroyed?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Batteries4Less, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Sailorcancer

Sailorcancer Member

My Phone:
    Moto Z XT1650-03
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Trying to get a ladybug out of the car.

Got in the one fall day back in 2005 and a Ladybug came in near the edge of the door. Push it out side went to shut the door before it came back in and slammed the door getting my coat caught between the door. Where my Kyocera was in the pocket.

2. liagb59

liagb59 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Katana II
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Ran it over with the car, was picking something up on the floor of the garage and put it on the tire, stupid I know..forget to get it when I went into the car and oh well crunch...went the tire over the cell phone...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Simon5282

Simon5282 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Re: Worst way your cell phone was destroyed?

New one for me. My phone was on my kitchen counter when my stove caught on fire. Yes, it was my stove. It was never installed properly back in 1995 when the house was built. Well, the stove caught my kitchen cabinets on fire. My cabinets caught the kitchen on fire. My kitchen caught the dining room on fire..... None the less we will be out of the house for six months while they gut and replace everything. Thank goodness I have USAA insurance (the best out there) and they are taking care of everything.

So yes, that is how I lost my Virgin Jax phone. Now I am out a whole fifteen dollars!!!

4. Raz

Raz New Member

My dad's dog is a bit boisterous and decided to jump all over me as I was getting out of my car. My cell was on top of my purse that the dog kept trying to playfully grab. I didn't notice the phone falling out or the dog getting my phone. Later when my husband showed up for dinner he walked in with the Treo and asked if it belonged to anyone. I blew it off because I "knew" mine was in my purse. Hubby tried to call my cell just to see if it was mine . . . sure enough the chomped on, shattered, keys missing, slobbered on mess of a Treo was mine AND it would ring but nothing else worked. Fortunately Alltel was gracious enough to replace it for me that day (sans insurance deductable).

5. Bob233

Bob233 New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6061
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (Old Blue), T-Mo ToGo, PagePlus, STi Mobile
    One day at work, I was bragging to a friend about how I have managed to use the same cell phone (a Nokia 2160 on AT&T Wireless) for almost three years. He said that I had just jinxed it. He was right. That evening, I went to the car wash and vacuumed my car out. When I got home, my phone was missing. I went back and found it on the ground at the car wash, but it had been run over. It still worked to make calls, but the display was ruined.

6. mitutoyo500323

mitutoyo500323 New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon since 1998. Page Plus
    Two of my StarTacs were run over after falling from my pocket, one with a one ton truck, the other with a Case 56L tractor, they both lived because the ground was soft. My V60 left my pocket on a cold winters morning, and tho I found it and thawed it out slowly the display never was visible again(was an honest -10 degrees). I destroyed my Razr V3m utterly. Pieces were never found. I threw it against a wall, and the impact was more than it could bear.