Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

WOOHOO!!! I GOTS THE NOKIA 7210...BIATCHIN'!!!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Ghostrider, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

Just bought it this evening, a bit pricey, but what the hell, you only live once.........Local cell phone stores that sell unlocked phones were selling the 7210 for $550, I didn't even come close to paying that much. If you're interested on buying the 7210, leave me a message, I'll email you the seller I bought from.

The speakerphone/loudspeaker works great......LOUD! This was probably the main reason I bought the phone. Volume is great, much better than the Samsung s105. Now I don't have to plug into some stupid handsfree headset when I want to talk to someone while driving.

The vibrate is a bit stronger than the s105 also. And it rings & vibrates at the same time, just like a Nokia phone should do.

I got the blue color, it was all the seller had. Would have loved to have gotten the black cover, guess I'll buy that when it comes out. I emailed the seller on ebay, found out he was local to me. So I talked him to a very good price, considering how much the 7210 are going for right now. The speaker for the loudspeaker is on the right side in the middle of the phone. I believe other phones that have a speakerphone, the speaker is on the back, like Sprint models.

It's just a bit taller than the Nokia 8290, so the Nokia leather case & belt swivel clip almost fit perfect. I had to do a bit of cutting of the 8290 case I still have, on the bottom. So the mic, charge plug, & pop port can be used. So a minor modification.

The model of 7210 I have came from Europe, so the home charger is of European variety. The seller did give me an adapter so I can use the charger at home. But it did not work. So the old charger I have for the 8290/3390 worked!!! Yahooo, I don't have to buy some new fancy U.S. charger. Also the old car charger for the 8290/3390 will work.

The keypad will take a bit of getting use to; very, very different feel. Signal strength is strong in my area, I live in Anaheim. No problem for the phone to recognize the T-mobile sim card I have. I talked to customer care for T-mobile for the GPRS/WAP setting. I think it's almost good, I need to check tomorrow.

The 7210 is very compact, easily carried in a pant pocket.

I pretty much think I have the PERFECT cell phone

[​IMG]

2. CanUHearMeNow

CanUHearMeNow Junior Member

Methinks this guy is a bit excited! [​IMG]

3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    LOL...good for him!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!! Don't ya know..........................Text

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Hobbes

Hobbes Junior Member

There are black (nokia, not aftermarket) covers for sale on ebay now for around $35 shipped. Personally, I bought the grey-green.

6. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

I saw those on Ebay from seller Amog. Holy sh*t, that guy wants an arm & a leg for shipping!!! The black cover is like $29, he wants almost $10 shipping/handling/ins......for a piece of less than an ounce plastic??? I talked him down to a real good price for a 7210, but shipping would have cost me $40, that's bull, total rip off!!! I'll wait till the covers are more readily available, thank Hobbes!

7. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

I know him. His shipping is so high, because he is making you pay for the shipping from overseas, to here. I would probably do the same thing, but I'm lucky that my supplier gives me free shipping.

8. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

Aiwapro, can you get the original Nokia faces for the 7210? If you can, I really want the black.

Thanks,
    Ghost®

9. timeslip

timeslip New Member

what is your email address? What provider is the Nokia 7210 for locked?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

The 7210 is not locked, you can use which ever service provider sim card you have. I am using T-mobile, the seller I bought the 7210 has Cingular, & both worked w/ not a hitch......pretty cool huh?

Check my profile for addy.