Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

WM6 update for the 8525?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by Eric47, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    crackberry's
    i have been trying all day to find this update to no avail.

can anyone give me a link or load the ROM on here? it looks like it was only available till 1/31/08 and i didnt realize that it was going to be time sensitive :\

any help would be great.

Thanks!

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    xda-developers had it, but I have no idea what's going on. It seems that their site is down. I sure hope they have not gone for good like MotoModders...

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Jay2TheRescue, Jun 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  3. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    Wirelessly posted (HTC-8500/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.8) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

yea I noticed all their links were down

4. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    The Schaps ROM looks pretty good. Im looking at getting a refurb 8525. I have to buy my phones outright and im to cheap for a tilt.

5. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    The 8525 is still a great device, and with a cooked ROM you should be very pleased with it.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    I did it I broke down and bought a Tilt. I was looking around the net as used 8525 and I planned on modding it. I checked around and from Jay saying he got better deals at the ATT dealers I started to check around and a local dealer sold me a Tilt for $420 out the door and even thru in a 1GB memory card and no sales tax. I would have been over $500 at the ATT COR.

Unfortunately now I have to figure out how to unlock so it will work with my Dobson SIM, but I have been reading up on the 8525 and Tilt on XDA so it doesnt sound to bad.

My only complaint is for the money the Tilt should come with a Belt pouch or something to protect it, that and a Y cable would be nice.

I was alittle bummed about the field test app, its show a bunch of info but doesnt say what tower your on, just the freq, codec and hand off parters.

Its a sweet device, I played with the iphone and until Apple makes a actually qwerty keyboard to supplement the screen the tilts got it beat.

i can make the tilt into a iphone in about an hour.

7. erwinpiero

erwinpiero New Member

My Phone:
    HTC TyTN II
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TELKOMSEL
    Using Dopod 838 Pro, still the same variant name as 8525 had (HTC Hermes), now using WM6.1 ROMs and no, xda developers were still alive. :)