Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Wish Me Luck, LOL

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Steve B, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes, ATT WS reps are worthless. I loved when I got people from India, because they ALWAYS asked me for some "passcode"...and I never had one. I gave them my social and number, which was fine for US reps. Ugh...ATT CS was horrible. Verizon's were kinda unhelpful, but weren't horrible. Cingular has the nicest reps, they actually talk to you like a friend, and are just so friendly. I seem to get Cingular people from the mid-west.

I don't think it's too surprising that ATT is good. They probably have the most coverage in WA, it's just they really messed up the GSM system, and I guess after 3 years they finally got it right there lol.

2. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

I have to agree. On a couple of situations, I have got told different information by different reps. I hate that with a passion because I don't know who to believe. I prefer to talk to certain kinds of CSRs. I won't go into specifics on which ones but the reason is because I believe that certain kind of people always seem to have the bad attitude when working in CS.

I never had a problem with VZW CS. They always talked to me with the nicest voice, talked to me like I was a friend, etc, evertime. When I called VZW to close my account, the lady was really nice about it and in a sympathetic voice asked me if there was anything wrong with my service and I told them no, but that I have other reasons, etc. She was really nice about it.

I cancelled my VZW account two days ago and I already got an email about viewing my last bill online. I was like dang. When I had service with VZW they never got my bill done that quick. Maybe it's because my final bill is $349. LOL It's not a problem, but I was just surprised on how quick they final bill was ready.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Well, good luck with AT&T, hope it works out. From the companies I've used, CricKet, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile I have to say Verizon had the nicest reps that were always helpful and friendly, talking to me like a friend, just like others said.
    Well, SB, good luck, let us know how it goes...are you gonna look for an AT&T avatar now?? LOL Sorry, I don't have one of those ;)

4. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Damn Verizon Wireless! LOL, my plan to sell my phones to help pay the final bill is now dead in the water. Verizon Wireless will not release the ESN numbers on my phones until my final bill is paid, which completely blocks my original plan to sell my phones to help pay the final bill. UURRGG! :mad:

Now they're just going to have to wait for my money.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):

What exactly do you mean with that??? They won't give you your ESN numbers?? Shouldn't those be on the back of the phones?? :confused:

Anyways, sorry you're having troubles with them now that you're not a customer anymore :rolleyes:

6. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Verizon was so rude when I called to cancel. "All done" or something, then they just hung up on me lol. They overbilled me on my last bill, I called them up, no longer being a customer, told them I am NOT paying 20$ in overage that didn't happen. They waived all the charges lol, just tell Verizon you won't pay! :)

I just got a letter from ATT saying I need to pay them 3$ to reactivate my account. WTF, I cancelled in July. Jesus, I tried to cancel in May and June too. It's from accounts receivable which sounds serious, I guess I need to call; I don't want any legal action, though it doesn't say I owe it, just that I need to pay it if I want to remain a customer (NO). ATT is a retarded company, and Cingular is going to need to fire 99% of ATT reps IMO.

7. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

I have the ESN numbers for both of my phones, however, those two ESN numbers are still tied to my old VZW account. The problem is VZW will NOT release the ESN numbers from the account until the final bill is paid which like I said puts a complete stop to my original plan of selling the phones to pay the final bill. In other words my phones cannot be activated on another account until my final bill is paid. They claim it is suppose to be a security precaution for my account so the new owner of the phones won't run up a big bill on my account. I told them to put in a dummy ESN so I can sell my phones to help pay my bill and they won't do it. Dam bastards. :mad:

8. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

I was so pissed off, I told the bimbo on the phone that "Verizon won't :censored: see a dime until I can sell my phones" then I hung up on her.

9. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):

Jesus, someone has problems, LOL :browani:

10. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):

Oh-uh, someone is pissed off.
    sorry to hear that, but did you check that this wouldn't happen before hand??? I mean it IS dumb, but they do seem to have a point in not releasing your phones until your final bill is paid, but NOT because of the reason you were told, that reason doesn't make sense.

11. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):

and you expect them to be nice to you??? lol.
    I can understand why you're mad, Hell, I would be too!!!

12. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

Yeah I did check. When I called in to close my account, they were talking to me about the final bill. I told them specifically what my plan was and they were like "oh, ok, that's fine". Verizon definitely didn't handle it very well, I should've been informed about this policy before hand when the subject was brought up.

Well, I just got off the phone with financial services at VZW. I told them that I would have to wait unti late December or Early January when I get my financial aid for school for Winter Quarter to pay my bill. The lady was being extremely nice since I never been late with my bill when I had service and that I called way early about this matter which to them shows that I am being honest about my situation and that I am not trying to skip out on the bill. So far so good, everything seems to be on a good level. I just hope it stays that way.

13. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    You can still sell the phones on eBay...once you get paid if you do direct deposit with paypal you should have your money in about 3 business days. If you ship UPS ground like I always do, it is unlikely the new owner would get the phones before you got your money. So the same day you get the money from PayPal you could pay your VZW bill and then the ESN's would be good to go. That's how I did it when I left Verizon in early 2003.

14. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I thought about that, but I am not sure if I could get the full amount needed by both phones. That's a gamble that I won't take. VZW will just have to wait.

15. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):

Glad to hear things are not as bad as I thought :)
    It's always good to pay your bills on time, then when you once have a problem, they will try everything to work with you.