Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

WirelessAdvisor Meet

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by Jack, May 1, 2004.

1. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    Lol oh no it is 4 lanes in most places but has as many as 5 when you hit stretches like San Jose to San Francisco where there is a commuter lane.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Lol...I must have been thinking of some other highway....whoops :eek::D

Thanks for clearing it up, ShoresGuy. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Dan & I are from TN... and Stanley's from Atl, GA... that's a little over 3 hrs from me... Dan's about an hour and a half from me.. lol

4. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG enV Touch
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    cryogenic,

firefox rules I use it has my primary browser in both windows & linux :cool:

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I'll be in Nashville Nov 6-8 watching my Gators pound the life out of lowly Vandy. We should have an official WA meeting then, since I am already springing for gas money and hotel rooms. :)

6. xikle

xikle For rent: inquire below

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble
    Billradio is the only other member that is in Colorado that I know of. I finish college this week. :)

7. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG enV Touch
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    congratulations, I think I may take classes this summer if I ca'nt find a job :)

8. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    Yeah yeah, the Bay Area isn't some little region with cherry orchards :D lol. It used to be that way 40 years ago but then it grew.

It's a great feeling to be in that last week of college, no more classes and soon it's time to pack and finally move to where one belongs :D.

9. xikle

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble
    Thanks. I thought about doing that so I could start on a different degree, but figured I should get a job instead.

10. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG enV Touch
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    your welcome xikle, I graduated in December & I am now going back for a 2nd degree becuse I have had no luck finding a Job :(
    good luck

11. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    It still is very rural and pretty up here in Mendocino County Shores :) In fact, much of the North Coast is still like this, starting in Marin County and going north, getting more rural and open and you go north. Lots of Redwoods, Vineyards, Oaks, pine, Madrone, Manzanita, wildlife(deer, elk, squirrels, a few Buffalo, tons of types of birds, frogs, toads, bear, lots more!), rivers (Russian and Eel Rivers start here, the Russian only a few miles from my house in fact), creeks, gorgeous coastline, the works! Gamer, Hwy.101 is 4 lane and 2 lane, depending on location, here in Mendocino County it is 4 lane from the Sonoma County line until just before Hopland, then it turns into 2 lane, then just south of Ukiah it goes back to 4 lane, it stays 4 lane through Calpella, Redwood Valley and Ridgewood Summit, until just a couple of miles outside Willits where it turns to 2 lane again, then north of Willits a ways it goes to 4 lane for a bit, then back to 2 lane just a couple of miles south of Laytonville and stays 2 lane through Leggett and Piercy, near the Humboldt County border it goes back to 4 lane. It is 2 and 4 lane in Humboldt and Del Norte Counties also depending on location. This would be an awesome place to have a meet, especially in the summer and fall, summers can be a little warm inland, but the coast is always cool, and the fall is just gorgeous up here, with all the trees and vineyards turning colors, and the smell of crushed grapes in the later summer/early fall when crushing season comes on. They call us Napa Valley without the crowds :)

#41 ILUVSOCAL, May 3, 2004
    Last edited: May 3, 2004
  12. NokiaKrazy

NokiaKrazy 2010. I'm still around

My Phone:
    Blackberry
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Or you can just make everyone travel to a place where there is next to nothing going on. This is the place! :rolleyes:

I don't know of anyone nearby this place. ;)

#42 NokiaKrazy, May 3, 2004
  13. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I bet there's more going there than in Redwood Valley, heck, we're not even an incorporated town lol Speaking of which, most of Mendocino County's residents live in rural, unincorporated areas (us included), 60,000 out of a total 85,000 population. Oh, here's a shot of 101, taken about 1/8th of a mile north of my house, it's the West Road overcrossing of 101, those large mountains in the background (north) are part of the Laughlin Ridge, and Ridgewood Ranch is on that hill, where Seabiscuit came from and is buried. That shot is from the CalTrans Road Conditions web site too, pretty cool.

[​IMG]

About Minot, great train watching there, it's on BSNF's main transcon between the NW and Chicago, sees about 100 trains a day, in addition to Amtrak's Empire Builder between Portland and Seattle (the two sections join/split (depending on direction of course :) ) in Spokane) and Chicago. I've been on it from Portland to Chicago, GORGEOUS trip, a must take! Oh yeah, and there are a bunch of Nuclear ICBM's at the Air Base near there, Minuteman III types, and a large squadron of B-52's, the other squardron of B-52's is at Barksdale AFB in Louisiana. A little FYI about the Buffs (the nick for the B-52's), there are appx.90 in active service, 10 more in reserve, they just completed a major overhaul of the planes (they are constantly being upgraded and updated to handle new weapons and their related systems) and many will serve until the year 2045, some will be over 80 years old when they finally retire, now that's what I call a plane! (The B-52, along with the B-17 are two of my favorite planes :) ).

#43 ILUVSOCAL, May 3, 2004
  14. twopiece

twopiece D'oh!!

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I'd be up for a west coast meet, never been out there. Furthest west I've been is Colorado and Utah.

How about a meet in Vegas?

15. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Vegas would work for me.

16. xikle

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble
    Vegas would be good.

17. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yes, good luck on your graduation, xikle. :)

18. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I think it is a great feeling not to have anymore classes until this fall, but after I finally graduate, I am going to go and earn my masters degree. :)

Good luck with your graduation and your move, ShoresGuy.

19. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks ILUVSOCAL for the description of Hwy. 101.

I heard that parts of it were still 2 lanes.

20. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The only thing wrong with the Empire Builder, is that a lot the deluxe sleepers are almost completely booked during July, when most families go on vacation.

There must only be 1 pullman, I guess? :confused:

21. xikle

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble
    Thanks. My last class is tomorrow and that's basically just turning some stuff in.

I bet it's fun to take a train someplace. I've only ridden on one train, the Durango to Silverton train, which didn't go all that far.

22. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG enV Touch
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I agree Vegas rules, I just hate loosing all my money :mad: :D

23. futureMD

futureMD Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Hey, easy now, Matt. My dad's a Vanderbilt alumnus. :) You guys might beat us in sports, but you know what UF graduates call Vandy graduates after graduation, right? Boss! :D

24. NokiaKrazy

NokiaKrazy 2010. I'm still around

My Phone:
    Blackberry
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Yeah, Vegas would work. It's not too far away for me.

25. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):

That's called "The Bush Administration is too busy sending money to Iraq and oil companies to give Amtrak all the money they need", I would urge you to write your congressman and the White House and let them know about it!

26. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    There are a ton of Pullman's, more are needed though, the reasons they aren't getting them are in my previous post. As for locations, Reno would be much better for me, I can hop on Amtrak in Martinez and be there pretty in a few hours, Vegas is a whole day's trip either driving or taking Amtrak, I love taking the California Zephyr over Donner! :thumb:

27. futureMD

futureMD Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    By that you must mean, "The Bush Administration is too busy spending money providing for our troops who are liberating tens of millions of people." Or you could just be a Kerry supporter and think that our troops don't deserve body armor or air support from F-14s, F-15s, or F-16s or Trident missile technology or Bradley fighting or Patriot missiles or Tomahawk missiles...the list goes on.

28. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I didn't say anything about defense of our nation, I'm talking about the billions of dollars and lives being wasted in Iraq, you put words in my mouth that I never said, not cool. You are in a minority that support the war in Iraq, most Americans are AGAINST it, and they can see through the lies. We have plenty of money in this nation to provide for Amtrak, there is no need to rob Peter to pay Paul, but that is exactly what the Bush Administration is doing, robbing our nations homeland defense, Amtrak, education and our future for a "mess of pottage" by pouring dollars into wasted wars and by giving money to those who don't need it, and none to those that do. Now, back to the discussion at hand :)

29. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    We don't have a government run airline, why do we have a government run train?

(I actually know the answer to this question, I just like having debates)

30. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    It's a neccessity, that's all I will say :) Now, I think we need to get back to Larry's original idea, and come up with some more ideas on a WA meet :) Speaking of colleges though, my dad and I (along with several relatives) are proud Almuni of Idaho State University in Pocatello :highclap:

[​IMG]

#60 ILUVSOCAL, May 5, 2004
    Last edited: May 5, 2004