Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Wireless spectrum advice needed

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by quenton, Dec 11, 2017.

1. quenton

quenton New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Sasktel
    i was wondering is someone here with knowledge about wireless spectrum could give me some advice. I have a problem with a cell tower im am connected to it is extremely overloaded and data is nonexistent at peak times of the day. The tower is in line off site at about 2 miles away and runs off 850mhz /1900mhz lte my cell phone jumps from 850 band5 to 1900 band2 quite frequently when it switches over to 1900mhz my data is restored. I'm not very familiar on how cell towers operate but dose that mean that just the 850mhz band5 is overloaded. If that's the case could i purchase a 1900mhz only cell booster with a high gain yagi antenna point it at the tower and would that allow me to pick up the 1900mhz band and not the overloaded 850mhz.

Thanks

2. quenton

quenton New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Sasktel
    I found a solution to my own question. You can lock any band on a galaxy s7 by entering service mode when dialig *#2263# and selecting band selection then lte and then pick what band you want to lock works great

viewfly likes this.