Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Wireless Promotions

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by RobCruz, Nov 18, 2003.

1. RobCruz

RobCruz Junior Member

We are bombarded with Wireless Promotions on tv, newspapers, billboards, radios and internet.

I want to know If you want to share any Wireless Promotions you know.

The Wireless Promotions I know are

*T-Mobile counts Friday as weekend with Saturday and Sunday (Good deal)
    *Sprint moves their FREE Nights from 9 pm to 7 pm. Two hours ahead!! (Ok)
    *Cingular has that Fast Forward service for $2.99 a month, the cradle cost $39.00 plus tax. (Then what's the point of having cell phone if you have Fast Forward?)

I don't know about AT&T or Verizon Wireless. I hope they put join with fun promotions because the competion is tough in the Wireless market.

I wish any Wireless company move the FREE Nights at 5 pm because at 5 it gets dark already and it's actually looks like a night time.

2. northform

northform Bronze Senior Member

Sprint charges $5 per month to get the 7pm nights. Cingular also has this feature, but they charge $7 for it.

Verizon is unlikely to do much in terms of promotions because they have the reputation that will bring customers.

ATT is offering cheap phones and a few more minutes if you order online.

FastForward can work without the cradle.

Cingular also has rollover and 500 bonus rollover minutes when you sign up.

3. Stupiud

Stupiud Yea, I can hear you now!

My Phone:
    D2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    i also doubt that vzw network can support a massive jump in people that a good cheap plan would most likely bring.
    even now, every once in a blue moon, i get a message taht all circuts are busy when i try to make a call...

4. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    I agree. hats Exactly what i am afraid of here in the city.

5. coolqf

coolqf New Member

The interesting thing about the Sprint promo is that for $5 it also includes unlimited sprint to sprint. So for those that don't mind the 2yr agreement and already are paying $5 for unlimited sprint to sprint, you might aswell upgrade to this service as it already includes unlimited sprint to sprint.
    The offer is available to all new and current sprint customers

6. nysteve

nysteve New Member

Here are two "promotions" I received from ATT. Last month I received an "award" for loyalty of a $30 service credit if I renewed my agreement. I am on a month to month extention, an dhave been with ATT for over six years.

Last night I received my current bill. ATT will honor a request to transfer a number to a new carrier, but they will charge for the balance of the billing cycle. Transferring my existing number is not much of a benefit if I have to pay two carriers for an overlap period, but getting better service from a new carrier, Verizon, in my case, is.

I wonder if the FCC had this in mind?

7. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Rob, the point of FastForward is that you simply put your cell phone in the cradle and any incoming calls get automatically forwarded to your home phone. The service is $2.99 per month and does not use up your minutes.

Northform, How exactly you get FastForward to work without the cradle?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...