Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Wireless Now

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Kirby, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Kirby

Kirby New Member

This company Wireless Now is a Middleman company, I know of two locations - one in Mission Viejo, the other Rancho Santa Margarita (both in Orange County California). I was recently informed that the contract I signed (small print is important) say's that They "Wireless Now" does not get involved in bill disputes. (see topic of WorldCom/MCI for that story) I have to check the fine print. However, my next choice willnot be with a middleman . The reason for this posting is to just letting the public know that I feel you should deal directly with the provider. In my case - I am not only in a bind with Wireless Now - but I was stupid (uneducated really) enough to let Wireless Now put with WorldCom - who doesn't even own a service -they sell other companies service (they put me with ATT who I had) - before this nightmare began

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    You bring up a point that I've been pondering for some time now. Really, the only information that most of the buying public has readily available is what the industry ads have to offer. Depending on the ethical value of the salesperson we finally end up dealing with, we come away a satisfied or dissatisfied customer.

I wish Wireless Advisor had some way of using the same advertising techniques to put their services in the minds of the buying public so the public could become better informed before they buy. As you mentioned, it is not stupidity, it is just most are uninformed.

3. Kirby

Kirby New Member

Thank you for the reply - I just think that this web site is great, alot of good information. The neat part is that people give actual events and ways to check on that information. To confirm it or denie it.
    I just hope people look at this site and use it as a tool - not a bible. Gather information and make good decisions based on the facts that come out of all of the sources. In the WorldCom topic it also has a web address to go to and listen to actual customer Non-service phone calls. Maybe I should do that with Wireless Now?

4. Kirby

Kirby New Member

Anyone else deal with this company have a different experience? Judging from other topics I don't think so. Wireless Now SUCKS - I have been trying to deal with the OWNER -SEAN - However he does not answer his phone and does not return phone calls, so he is VERY difficult to deal with. I even called him tonight and told him to call me over the next hour -I would shut off my phone and let him leave a message........No message - WIRELESS NOW- save yourself the trouble I think this company is scam and will not only - NEVER do business with them again....but I will soon be standing in front of their business with a poster sign - explaining the lousy customer service.

5. Kirby

Kirby New Member

i just got word that WorldCom credited by bill-for the 100 dollars due to me....I will post if it actually happens.

6. Kirby

Kirby New Member

oopps - PLEASE don't think that WIRELESS NOW had anything to do with this credit....this was from a E-mail I sent - -- Wireless Now is still working on it......"they don't deal with billing problems" is an exact quote from the "owner" Sean......I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN

7. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    One reason they may not be returning your calls is as they already stated, there is nothing they can do about your bill. Even the company-owned ATT retail outlet I bought my phones through cannot (notice "cannot," as in incapable, not "will not" as in not willing) help with billing problems. That can only be handled by the carrier's billing department. In my experience, both ATT and Verizon company-owned retail store personnel will, if you walk in asking about billing issues, stick you on a "courtesy phone" to a service representative--the very same rep that you would have called if you merely dialed 611 from your phone. Sales-focused retail outlets just don't have access to billing records. VARs like the one you dealt with have access to NO carrier records and have no power to effect change for you.

Wireless Now may be a very reputable company and your posting demonstrates a degree of lack of knowledge as to how the industry works. Taking it out on the person that sold you the equipment will not resolve the issue for you. The reason the fine print says what is says is not as a mere disclaimer but as a statement of fact.

For example, if you go to Target or Best Buy or WalMart and buy a regular phone for your home, then you find out that your phone company mischarged you for services, you wouldn't go back to where you bought the phone--they aren't the phone company. They only sell the phone. What makes wireless a little more complicated and confusing to the buying public is that the stores also act as middle-men in helping you setup the wireless account with carrier. But that still doesn't change the fact that the retails stores are not the carrier and are incapable of doing anything about bills.

8. Kirby

Kirby New Member

I have learned alot since getting this service, and finding this web site. However - When Wireles Now "SET UP" my service, they said I would get a 10 dollar credit for each month (for the 1st 5 months) WorldCom said it's not in my contract......

WorldCom said to go back to Wireless Now and have them contact WorldCom regarding the contract dispute. WHY can they not call Wirelss Now? Phone billing problems - I understand, that they can't do anything. But, when they both start pointing fingers at each other - and all I get is the middle finger - - it realy gets me mad.