Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

wireless headset - any options?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by ydeologi, Aug 19, 2003.

1. ydeologi

ydeologi New Member

I currently have a StarTAC with the full hands-free kit in my car (not the lighter type), and it works like a charm. As those who have read my other thread describing the death and resurrection of my waterlogged workhorse, I'm thinking about replacing my StarTAC with the best possible phone on the Verizon network:

Another StarTAC.

Meanwhile, I'd like to think that I'm missing something, and that there's a phone out there that has comparable voice quality or reception... or perhaps even both. I'd be willing to make the sacrifice of either of those things and pick up another phone if there's something decent out there with a feature worth having to replace the convenience of the hands-free I have now in my car. A corded headset is absolutely out.

(If you're about to offer up a testimonial to your favorite corded headset, please: don't. I can buy kitchen appliances with 802.11b built-in, or pick up a cheap walkie-talkie at WalMart to talk to someone five miles away, or sync my laptop to my watch to my desktop to my PDA to my printer, but I need to loop cords around my gearshift and neck to talk on a cellular headset? Someone in Verizon's product development is asleep at the switch.)

Has anyone out there come up with a satisfactory wireless headset for their cell phones on the Verizon network? Bluetooth's been no panacea for Sprint customers, I know, but at least having the feature allows for the hope that they'll someday have a wider selection than what they have now. Verizon ought to come up with something comparable.

2. KriegsCCX

KriegsCCX Junior Member

The only one out there that i know if is the Bluetooth (I can't remember if it's Jabra or Plantronics) but it connects to your phone with a base, then uses bluetooth for the heatset. It goes for about a buck-fifty