Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SOUTH U.S. -- Wireless Fax help!

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by ey8675, Nov 16, 2008.

1. ey8675

ey8675 New Member

I've been using Altell's wireless internet product via a mobile phone. I'm very impressed with the product but can't figure out how I can do a fax. Would someone have some insight regarding this situation?

Joe

2. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    You would have to sign up with a service such as Efax and do the fax through the internet

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ey8675

ey8675 New Member

thanks max signal for the quick responce. Any snow yet? I orginally am a Rochester boy..left in '60.

4. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    Just a dusting so far . But they are warning about Lake Effect storm on Monday . Predicting up to 12 inches.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    I remember sending a fax directly from my first Ericsson GSM phone in 1998. I typed it like an SMS and sent it directly to a fax number. I guess something like that is still possible too? :confused:

6. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Some of the fix wireless units can send faxes as well, it depends on how important it is to send, as to whether it will be worth the cost.

7. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    That should still be possible, via some intermediary doing text-to-image conversion for you. Was it a service of your GSM phone's service provider?

I remember having FAXmodem comm programs for the PC that could do it also, file-to-fax. You could even treat the FAXmodem as a printer.

COtech

8. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    No, I don't think it was any special service from my operator. The factory manual for the Ericsson SH 888 phone had a section showing you how to send a fax over GSM. The phone menu had a Fax option I beleive. I don't think most modern phones have a fax option in the menu. Maybe you can hack your phone to make it send a fax? :confused: