Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Wireless Aol Instant Messenger (AIM)/ Chatboards?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, May 12, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Where can i get AIM on my cellphone.
    What service is it fastest for
    And which phones have chatboards

2. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    VoiceStream has access to AIM with the Nokia 3390 Gold that they sell. I believe Sprint PCS might have access to AIM too but I am not 100% sure.

VoiceStream

3. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Yep TnDan is correct. Voicestream has it on the Nokia 3390, but they also have it on the Motorola T193, which is free with a mail-in rebate. Don't get the Motorola T193 though. It is a cheap phone. I have heard 7 complaints about this phone. I was with this girl today who showed me her T193, and it was just dead, wouldn't do anything. It wasn't the battery either. She made the 7th complaint. The Nokia 3390 is what I have, and I love it. I have no problems with it. The Nokia 3390 is only $49.99 right now. I paid $126.99. You should take advantage of this deal.

4. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    it has to be the Nokia 3390 Gold though right to work with AIM, Aiwapro? From what I understand the Nokia 3390 does not have the AIM feature but the Gold does there is a difference. Yes, I have to agree with Aiwapro, I have seen complaints on this board about the Motorola phone stay away from it.

5. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Yes is has to be the Nokia 3390 GOLD to have the feature already on the phone, but the regular Nokia 3390 can do it aswell. It is just more complicated on the regular Nokia 3390 (you can actually use AIM on any Voicestream phone), but the MyVoicestream website explains it very well. You have to put all of the commands like Sign On, Sign off, and all of that stuff in your phonebook. Then you have to type the code for whatever command you are attempting, and send it to like 444 or something. I used it for about a week or so, but then got rid of it, because I really like MSN Messenger better than AIM.

If you really want to use this feature alot, get the Nokia 3390 GOLD from Voicestream Wireless. It is right on their website and only $49.99 for new members.

6. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Yes, that does sound more complicated if I used AIM a lot on my wireless phone I'd want to get the Nokia 3390 Gold also. Thanks for the Clear up, Aiwapro [​IMG]

7. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I know that nextel phones have chatboards

also the 3390 gold is a good choice for voicestream

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...