Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Wireless Adobe

Discussion in 'Cell Tower Hunting Club' started by Jonathan Kramer, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Jonathan Kramer

Jonathan Kramer Telecom Atty/RF Engr.

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 4s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (as of 8/13/08)
    Cingular built a faux adobe residence atop a bluff overlooking California's Yucca Valley and CA 62 (heading down to Palm Springs/I-10). That site was spotted by others, who only took 'long shots' of the site.

Today (Christmas Day, 2007) my wife, our three ____er Spaniels, and I made a 260 mile round trip from Los Angeles out to the desert and back to get high quality photos of the site from all key angles. I've uploaded three photos to our Gallery here, and I've uploaded some additional photos to my own gallery.

I hope you enjoy them!

Best holiday wishes,

Jonathan, Sharon, Hunter, Halo, and Hamlet.

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    You said Cingular? How much did that project cost? All the best for 08

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jonathan Kramer

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 4s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Jerro:

The site is owned by a local firm, but it sports a Cingular site sign. It was constructed in 2001. I presume, but an not sure, that the site is now AT&T's. It also looks like there's a second carrier, but I don't know who it is, other than it's NOT Verizon (the VZW signal strength at the site was about -100 dBm).

I don't know the cost of the site, but given that it's a three story building shell, it wasn't cheap.

Best holiday wishes,

Jonathan

4. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Yes, it must have cost a small fortune. It should cover a fairly large area, given the investment. One would assume. Thanks; have a great 08

5. olubolu

olubolu Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG SHINE red
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile and Verizon Wireless
    wow that cell phone tower is way nicer than the fake looking pine trees they have here in hawaii. especially since they place them in areas where there are no pine trees. the photos are great, the faux house looks better than some of the real houses in hawaii. heck i would want to live there...of course if there wasn't a giant cell tower in there that could possible fry what little brain cells i have left.:D

6. Jonathan Kramer

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 4s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    olubolu, first, welcome to the forum! We need photos from Hawai'i!

As for the views from this little house, they're stunning. I'll try to remember to post the views to the north (Yucca Valley) and the south (to Interstate 10 and Palm Springs) in the non-cell section tomorrow (Friday 12/28).

Best holiday regards,

Jonathan