Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Wirefly

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by sylviecat, Jun 17, 2004.

1. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

Wow talking about bringing to life a 3 yr old post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eric29

Eric29 New Member

The revival of this thread has helped me a lot. I'm glad I found it before placing an order.

3. WireflyGrinch

WireflyGrinch New Member

Re: Wirefly a sad tale

Several months ago we ordered 2 phones form Wirefly for T-Mobile. The phones came quickly, one was DOA the other was fine. We sent the dead one to Motorola for repair...big mistake..they lost it, etc. We should have sent it back to Wirefly for replacement-our error.

Now the bad news. They have a variety of rebate offers. The ones sponsored by the phone companies are legit. Wirefly's rebates are so full of restrictions (intentionally placed) that it is almost impossible to get a rebate. They are spread out over time and each has multiple requirements. Miss any one requirement and your rebate is denied WITHOUT RECOURSE. I've never seen a legitimate company operate this way since the beginning of rebates.

BUYER BEWARE...these are "come-ons" which they never intend to honor.

4. darkplayer

darkplayer New Member

Sorry for raising the dead, but....

Thank goodness for having patience to look for consumers good/bad reviews on wirefly. To find this old thread saved me ordering a motorola razr2 v9 with $50 rebate.

A BIG "Warning" bump

5. Fred333

Fred333 Junior Member

My Phone:
    I would love an iPhone!
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Isn't that what this forum is for though? We all need the knowledge to stay away from the fly by nights in the cell phone business.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. darkplayer

darkplayer New Member

Amen to that. Just picked up a Moto Razr2 v9, unlocked, but it's branded, no contract for $319.99.

7. Fred333

Fred333 Junior Member

My Phone:
    I would love an iPhone!
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Very nice.

8. darkplayer

darkplayer New Member

***UPDATE***
    It was too good to be true, it was a scamm or I should say, I got scammed...Mother :censored:
    Reported to paypal on the 18th, they have 9 days from now to resolve it or I let my CC Co. deal with it.

Found another seller selling a v9 with extras (battery, 2gb card, car charger, travel charger and some other stuff). All for $272, includes shipping. Received it yesterday, the condition of phone wasn't what I expected. The seller stated in his auction that the phone was lightly used, not. There were a few nicks and scratches he probably didn't noticed, but the phone still looks good. The seller is giving me time to play with the phone and if I'm not happy with it, he'll give me a refund.

#38 darkplayer, Oct 25, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2007