Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Windows Disappointment

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices for All Other Operating Systems' started by M in LA, Mar 6, 2016.

1. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    It appears to me that Microsoft is doing everything it can to self-destruct the Windows phone line. Recent releases are less than appealing, compared to other phone makers (IMO). Their share of the mobile marketplace continues to decline.

I am most disappointed with the endless delays of Windows 10 for phones. December was the original time-frame given. It is now March and so far nothing. I want to see how 10 works on the Lumia 735 I have.

At this point, I've given up on Windows for phones. I am keeping the 735, but I just replaced it with the new Galaxy S7 Edge. Back to Android I go for my secondary line. The 735 is a great little phone, but it cannot compare to the iPhone, Samsungs, LG's, etc. The Windows phone OS is missing too much compared to iOS and Android.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    KevinJames likes this.
  2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    @M in LA: Welcome to the sweet side of life. Or as Jackie Gleason used to say, "How sweeeeet it is!"

I've always liked marshmallow syrup on my ice cream ever since I was child.

3. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    I had an early windows phone and they had a lot of potential, but as you said, it's like they gave up with it.

4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Sad... Microsoft is circling the drain. I cannot honestly encourage anyone to get a WP.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    I think I'm hearing that sound the drain makes when the water is sucking air.

6. M in LA

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Microsoft has finally released Windows 10 for a number of Lumia phones, supposedly including the one I have, the 735. There is an app that verifies whether Win 10 can be upgraded to. Of course, I'm getting the "your phone cannot be upgraded at this time" message, even though I have room for the update. Not sure what the problem is and/or whether it is a Verizon issue, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm DONE with Microsoft Windows phone. This is why I got the Galaxy S7 Edge and went back to Android.

7. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I hear ya. Just for kicks, I downloaded the app for my Lumia 635. It, too, is not going to be upgraded. Only the 1GB processor version of the phone will get it; the T-Mobile version I am using has only 512MB RAM. Grrrrrrrrr

Oh well, one cheap option would be buying the 435, 640/640XL, or the Alcatel Onetouch; T-Mobile only sells the 435 and the Alcatel. But I am bogged down with phones. I will just limp this since there is no network advantage to upgrade (no band 12 here). The Alcatel is $140 and has windows 10 already. The 435 has only HSPA. No thanks.

Well, no nos deal for me since Android is my OS of choice anyway.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

8. M in LA

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    About a week or so ago, Verizon released Windows 10 for the Lumia 735. I updated to it and it looks good, but it's too little, too late. I am very happy with the Galaxy S7 Edge as my secondary phone. Not sure if I'm going to keep the 735, but it was nice while it lasted.

9. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    WP8 was nice, it's still my favorite mobile OS With very little quality apps and the hot mess that is Windows 10, I went to iOS. I still have some hope that in about 4 years that both Windows 10 and WM10 will have all its quirks worked out. Along with lots of good Universal Windows Apps, Windows Mobile will catch on a bit more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk