Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Wilmington, DE - Best Carrier?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by ar1156, Mar 5, 2003.

1. ar1156

ar1156 New Member

I am a cellular newbie and I'm moving to New Castle, Delaware. In your experience, what is the best coverage (AT&T, Verizon, Cingular, others) in the Wilmington area? I'll be using it mostly in Northern DE and Chester County, PA.

I found this on a different thread already:
    "I have found Verizon good in most of Montgomery County, So, so in delaware and Chester counties. No great on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City. ATT seems spotty."

Where are other dead spots and things we should know about Delaware? Also, Wirelessadvisor is telling me the wireless companies serving my zip code are Cingular and Verizon, but AT&T told me yesterday that they can provide services. Help?

Thanks!

2. hambone15

hambone15 Junior Member

I used to work in thw Wilimgton area (near Foulk and Naamans road) and have Cingular service. For the most part, service is excellent everywhere, and I hardly ever dropped a call. I had AT&T before that, and I was not as happy as compared to Cingular as far as dropped calls were concerned.

3. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    That thread was me mentioning Montgomery County PA and AC NJ etc.

Delaware along the main roads is said to be good on Verizon. I never had a problem there and have used it in New Castle and Wilmington Fenwick Island and Rohobeth Beach.
    Chester County, Pa. is pretty good depends where, West Chester is good, Longwood Gardens, works, Oxford too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Verizon! Hands down the best carrier in Delaware. ATT is not too good, they mostly roam off Cingular. Cingular is a mess of a company, bad plans, and bad phones, with too many issues. Sprint I hear is OK, along with Nextel. I certainly believe that Verizon is the best bet in Delaware. I have *never* encountered a dead spot in Delaware with it, ever, which is pretty amazing, and I travel all over! I highly reccommend Verizon, great service, good plans/pricing, and pretty good customer service.