Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Will verizon pro-rate cancellation fees?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by rockluvr1988, Aug 21, 2009.

1. rockluvr1988

rockluvr1988 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG 260 The Scoop
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    We are thinking about canceling out contract with Verizon at the end of November. That's when the main line ends then we have one that ends in January. Will they pro-rate the one that ends in January?

Also if we cancel the contract for one line will it cancel all of them? We have one line that will be staying at Verizon (It doesn't end until May).

Edit: I should mention that we were Alltell customers when we signed those contracts.

2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Each line in a family plan has its own cancellation fee. So canceling a line in a family plan will not automatically cancel the others.

I thought Alltel had the prorated cancellation fee already. Customer Service should definitely tell you whether the prorated cancellation fee applies...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rockluvr1988

My Phone:
    LG 260 The Scoop
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thanks. I'll have to give them a call. Just thought I would ask on here first. I know that employees sometimes come on these boards.

4. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Don't bother calling, I can answer now. ETFs on Alltel initiated service agreements are NOT prorated; they are $200 whether you canel at month 2 or month 23 and 3 weeks 6 days.

VZW does prorate their service agreements, IF the agreement was made under them and not started with Alltel.

So under you case, the ETF would be $200/line cancelled early.

5. rockluvr1988

My Phone:
    LG 260 The Scoop
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thank you very much.