Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Will Veriazon come out with "family plan PTT"???

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by lets456, Aug 21, 2003.

1. lets456

lets456 Junior Member

Will Veriazon come out with "family plan PTT"???

Before I upgrade my phone, does anyone know if Verizon is planning to release a PTT family plan? Similar to Nextel. I can not see spending $120 a month just to have a PTT service for my wife and me. I guess they are going after the businesses first, to recoup some expenses. Actually if Verizon was "smart" they would price competively with Nextel and put them out of business. Come on Verizon, come out with a $59.99 per month family talk PTT plan...now !!!!!!! I have been waiting two years for this.....

2. wbandyjr74

wbandyjr74 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VOYAGER
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VerizonWireless
    There is nothing wrong with nextel..A little exspensive but you get what you pay for.!

3. ceric20

ceric20 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (Cingular)
    In My Oppion we all got to have Patience. I think that Verizon rolled out there Push to Talk service to First get business contracts signed over to them, and once they are done with the business's then I think they will roll into offering PTT for Consumers. I mean just by the price plans and Etc. I think right before christmas is when we are going to see the Family PTT plans come out.

4. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    There is nothing wrong with nextel..A little exspensive but you get what you pay for.!

If that was true, Nextel would be free. A can and strings dont cost that much.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lets456

lets456 Junior Member

The problem with Nextel is reception. My brother in law has Nextel, and he continues to tell me to stay away from them. He complains of lousy reception, losing calls,etc. There have been NUMEROUS times that we have gone on golf outings, in desolete places, where my Verizon phone had 3 bars of signal and his nextel phone had "no service". This has happened too much for me to consider Nextel. He had his "no signal" banner for the entire time we were golfing. I always feel that a cell phone is best suited for work and emergencies, and if you break down on a back road, with the wife and kids, having a cellular provider with a great reception means EVERYTHING !!! However, I do appreciate you taking the time to reply to my question.

6. kranium007

kranium007 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Network
    We will most likely see some addtional PTT plans around Christmas and New Years. That's usually when the companies let out with some heavy competition (free phones, better minutes and all that). Also, after Nov 24th is a possibility. If the wireless companies are smart, they will introduce some seriously competitive pricing when Number Protability comes into affect.

7. wbandyjr74

wbandyjr74 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VOYAGER
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VerizonWireless
    I hear what you guys are saying for reception, However i guess it is were you live or travel.. Instead of canceling my service i let my friend use the phone (Cingular) and yesterday we compared bars..His was one while my nextel was full strength..Down the street he couldn't even make a call while mine was clear as day..However on my ride i see were i have no signal on my nextel and i use to have one with my cingular phone..All and all i think they are all the same except that netels ptt is the balls!

8. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    In this case you clearly had the better service, but you cant compare signal strength by bars, different phones display the same RF differently.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. wbandyjr74

wbandyjr74 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VOYAGER
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VerizonWireless
    You have a point about the phones reading rf diffrently..I didn't take that into consideration till now..You guys seem smart and know what your talking about..I have a couple questions to ask..

1.) My friend told me to make sure my ptt calls are coming up in the local calling area.. I live in Webster Ma and my town borders Conn and Conn is considered nation wide..I see the purple goes into Conn a bit on 395. This is were we are located. He said he was charged syaing he wasn't in his local calling area..I guess they took care of hime..Is there a way they can tell we are in Webster when we do the ptt? I have used 1,000+ minutes and don't want a kookoo bill?
    I would think they would extend our local calling area by a few miles or something..Even the girl was a bit confused seeing i am smack dead center with Werster calling plan or the Northeastern one..

2.) When i got my phones they had me as a (413) area code which is western Ma and a Long distance call from my land line .10 min.. They fixed that and now i have a local area code but my exchange is a few towns out and i still have to pay .04 min if i go over my landline plan and my wifes work landline is more because they don't have a calling plan.. They say to keep calling to see when a # is avaible. You would think they would call me when a exchange is avaible wouldn't you?

This is it for problems with nextel other than that the service is great i think.. I hope the 611 calls are free because i used up over 120 min or so talking with them on these issues..Does the browser cost cell minutes or is that included in the $3.50 a month charge?