Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Will the USB cable for a 5350 charge the phone?

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by question, Dec 5, 2002.

1. question

question Member

I have a lg 5350 and a sprint PCS connection kit . I need to know will the USB cable charge the phone while it is pluged into the computer.

Thanks for any help

2. JillD

JillD Junior Member

No! And you can't have it charging while the USB is connected.

The Handspring Treo has a cool USB Sync cord that allows you to connect the AC adapter. I wish the 5350 had that too.

3. Alex

Alex Senior Member

There are two type USB cable. The old model does not have a charging capability. The new design USB cable will allow you to connect your travel charger or car charger to charge the phone. I am not sure about the model number on these two USB cables. I saw the USB cable with the charging connection at one of the Verizon store. I was told that cable has just released on the market. I will post the exact model number for this cable later.

4. JillD

JillD Junior Member

Okay, so will accessories from the Verizon store work with Sprint 5350s???

5. Alex

Alex Senior Member

USB cable and serial cable are interchangeable.