Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Will KJ get his new phone this year?

Discussion in 'The WirelessAdvisor Community' started by KevinJames, Jan 18, 2016.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    So, as most of you know, this year I finally plan on upgrading my Note3 to the upcoming Note6. The Note5 was an utter disappointment to me and many others. However, with my chronic health issues and never knowing whether something else will eat away at my reserves, I've decided to start a countdown here.

January 2016:
    Health: Severe arthritis is making mobility very difficult and I'm beginning to notice some distortion of my joints. Ongoing bladder cancer keeps me mindful of where the closest bathroom is. Other issues are at least manageable. This is the first year in my whole life that cold winter weather has actually had noticeable impact on my health. (I'm actually wondering if it makes sense to get another smartphone because I'm becoming more and more housebound.)
    Finances: The $400 I had saved (to date) for the phone was just spent on much needed new tires for the car. The tires were actually $450 and another $200 for disposal fee, replacement fee, and other skew-the-customer fees. I'm anticipating having to use AT&T's monthly financing via their "Next" program.
    Anticipation: I'm hearing that the Note6 is supposed to have some truly great enhancements. However, much of the gossip I'm reading is so far-fetched and an impossible fantasy that I'm not counting on anything. (On idiot predicted a 30MP rear camera. Yeah, right. And elephants fly too.)

Next update in February.

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    KJ, sorry to hear about your health problems.

Just a quick question, in what way was the Note 5 a disappointment to you?

Just curious:)

Sent from my iPhone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    @CDG: Same as everyone else that complained: 1) Non-swappable battery, 2) No MicroSD expansion, 3) Smaller battery than older models. (The IR "blaster" wasn't that big of a deal, but I did use it.)
    Since its release, I've read real users say that the battery size is okay given the new memory and power management systems built into them. I've even considered getting the Note5 with all the discounts that happened in the December period. But now that I've waited this long, I decided to just be satisfied with what I have.

charlyee likes this.