Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Wierd Verizon Wireless Upgrade Prices

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by garymaly, Aug 19, 2003.

1. garymaly

garymaly New Member

Hi, I just logged into my verizon account online, and selected "upgrade phone". I am a 2 month old verizon customer, and decided to just check out the prices. Well it comes out that I can upgrade my VX4400 which I love, to a VX6000. The VX6000 came up as $149.99 ( and a 50 dollar rebate) NO CONTRACT EXTENSION!! As shocked as I was, I checked how much I could sell my 4400 on ebay, just in case the 6000 would arrive.

After browsing, 4400's on ebay are going for about $190.

I placed an order for the vx6000, and even recieved an email confirmation that my phone will arrive in 2-5 days, with a "contract month renewal of : 0"

I printed all the websites of my order from verizon, including the email.

Total was $162 and change for the original $149 plus tax, free shipping.

Is this possible? Is there a glitch? Whats going on, and how come new verizon customers get the vx6000 for $199 before a rebate.

Please write back, with what you guys think is going on.

2. ceric20

ceric20 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (Cingular)
    Hey i noticed that too. I allready bought the v6000 about a month ago. I wish they had the V60p on there i would have bought that phone in a heart beat

3. amoney

amoney New Member

I think Verizon made a mistake. The LG 6000 is no longer available for an upgrade, at least for now. It was akward that it was priced so low. Im mad because right when I was about to select the LG 6000 for an upgrade the page automatically refreshed, removing the LG 6000 as an option for an upgrade.