Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Why won't Cingular let me change my banner?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by OzzyReefer, Jan 10, 2003.

1. OzzyReefer

OzzyReefer New Member

[​IMG]
    When I had my Nokia, I was able to change the banner and welcome note that was displayed on my screen. Now, I still have cingular- but I have a new phone and plan. I have a Motorola 120t, and I love it- I just cant change the banner or the welcome note.

I was told there is a code that I would have to enter into my security settings- but I really didn't understand how to enter it.

The code can be found @..
    Click Here

How would I got about entering this code?

2. OzzyReefer

OzzyReefer New Member

3. mletson

mletson New Member

ok, press menu, then 073887*
    then a screen comes up saying "ente security code" (the factory default is 000000), so enter your security code
    press ok
    "NAM Setup" is highlited, press Select
    "Level 1" is highlighted, press select
    Scroll down to "home tag" click Change
    Enter What you want it to say when you are picking up CINGULAR towers (if you press up it will make that letter capital)
    Press OK
    (if you want to change the other tags, scroll to them, and follow the instructions.)
    Press DONE
    Press DONE again
    Display Says "please Wait"
    Phone will Restart
    And Voila, your banners have been changed

This also works on the C331t (because this is what i have)