Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Why Won't Air-Text Die?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by MOTOhooligan, Jun 1, 2004.

1. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I thought Air-Text died with the Kurv, then the phone was reborn after having been rejected by Kyocera when Curitel picked it up and renamed it the Identity . Now Nokia has the 3220 which features "X-Press on Fun Shell" external lights that use LEDs to "write" things in mid-air.
    Nokia 3220
    Nokia Press Release
    You can also see the phone at Phone Scoop
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    i wonder how this wave-messaging thing works... anyone know of a site or something ehere this is demostrated?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Surely you have seen the little LED wands people wave or the desktop LED displays or clocks which you can program to say different things. "Air Text" is essentially an optical illusion, like waving a pencil in front of your face and making it wavey. Your mind fools your eyes into thinking that what it is seeing is a continuous letter when in reality it is just LEDs blinking in the correct sequence so that it appears you are seeing words.

[​IMG]
    BBC Article

4. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    hummm, interesting!!! and i have seen those clocks... but the only problem is that those clocks have a set speed in which they display the time. if you slow it down a bit with your finger the clock doesnt work.... i wonder how hard you would have to shake the phone to display the message