Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

WHY, WHY, WHY won't NOKIA bring these to the U.S.???

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Michael95GT, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Michael95GT

Michael95GT Junior Member

2. Smush401

Smush401 Junior Member

My Phone:
    i830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
    Are kidding a clam shell style Nokia in the U.S. LOL

3. indystorm

indystorm Junior Member

haha--- nokia make a flip phone for the US...? They know how destructive we are over here, and wouldn't make such a horrible business decision... think of all the phones they'd have to fix!!! hahahaha!

Motorola hasn't gotton the hint yet though!

Jay.

4. Drev

Drev New Member

The Nokia 8587 and 8887 both run on cdma 800mhz, and can be used in the U.S. on 800mhz cdma carriers, Verizon for example. However, they are single mode, so there is no analog support at all. The phones are actually made by a Korean company called Telson, and use Telson's own cdma chipsets. I suppose if one could get either phone, and reset the msl to 000000, and put the esn of the phone to an active VZW account, you can dial *228xx from it and update the prl to VZ's, you will have a usable phone in most VZ areas (there are some areas where VZ is only 1900mhz). Oh, and don't bother with the 8877, its cdma 1700mhz, and its only used in Korea.

5. PjayzcivicHd84

PjayzcivicHd84 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yeah after the what was it? 282? nokias first flip phone they just stopped there

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...