Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Why, I'm really starting to hate SPCS.

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Whiteout, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Whiteout

Whiteout New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    SprintPOS
    Background: I've used Sprint for about 5 years roughly. A few years ago, I just gave my phone to my son to use while he was away at school. Pretty simple user, mostly voice calling and texting, So no need to worry. Since then my son has moved on to another carrier.

Sprint Calls, Hey Mr. Whiteout we noticed your contract is due up. How about a new phone? I says hmmmmmmmmm... after researching the now current service. Seemed very reasonable with my needs. So, I get a TREO.. i get it! All is well with the world...For about the first 24hrs of service.

Short and Long of it, I have made several calls to Customer Service with regards to my phone it powers cycles, drops calls and possibly ploting world domination at this point. Now, Dejavu is setting in..I worked for Verzion Wireless for many years, So I'm very calm and collective when dealing with each agent. After all, it's not there fault.. although I'm blaming them now.

I called into Sprint just to activate my OLD TIMEPORT! lol I do an ESN Swap...Call drops!!!

I call right back into Support...Agent tells me he can't help me program my phone because he can't pull up my account. I said, I need to program a Moto8767 (Timeport) puts me on hold for about 5 mins..(Researching) At this point, they have been closed for about 20 mins. He gets back on the line with me. Mr. Whiteout, I'm going to have to xfer you to new billing support group.

I made it very clear that they are closed since, I'm fully aware that they are CLOSED! He said, oh no I will get an agent on the line. Puts me on hold, I'M SORRY WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED! Now my phone is without service. On top of that, Once I do call in for support!!!! I will have to WAIT ANOTHER FEW HOURS! BEFORE MY STINKIN FEATURES WILL WORK!!!!!!!!!!!

So, as you can see I'm very irritated and could throw my phone through a store window. LIke that old discount tire commercial.

Thanks for letting me vent, and at this point I don't advise anyone resume service with Sprint. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

2. DanPFW

DanPFW Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MotoK1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    CDMA
    Does that phone even have GPS in it? What's Sprint's policy on activating phones without GPS? I know Verizon won't do it anymore.

3. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    You didn't call from your Treo to make the ESN swap did you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

I don't belive that phone does have GPS & they can not activate it because of that, Sprint was one of the companies that got fined for not getting into compliance with the E-9-1-1 system.

I think the Treo is trying the world domination part :lmao: I actually think to the OP that it's a phone issue & nothing more, maybe they can do a swap of the phone & see if that improves your problem, or choose a different smart phone.

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Correct. I am about 99% certain that the Timeport cannot be activated. The only non-GPS phones the carriers are permitted to have active these days are the ones that have never been deactivated.

6. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Sorry to hear about your problems with Sprint. From what a lot of people I konw say, Sprint is good unless you want to change something on your account or deal with Customer Service; then you'll run into problems.

7. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The Timeport cannot be activated on todays' requirements. That is your problem right there. I also don't think you can do an ESN swap if you're calling from your PCS handset (you mentioned the call dropping).

There are a lot of legit complaints out there but I think you're overreacting a bit in this case.

8. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Well if the agent can't even pull up his account, how can he do an ESN swap. :D
    When I had Sprint, I had to be transfered multiple times until someone could look up my account. I don't know why, but for some reason I always got connected to NEXTEL reps that couldn't pull up my account...

9. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yeah I did as well Andy.

10. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Isn't that because you guys were very needy customers and calling in all the time for one thing or another? ;) :D

11. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    No not at all plain and simple they have ALOT of work to do before they can be considered even worth calling good customer service in my book. This is my opinion.

12. Heavy Fluid

Heavy Fluid Junior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    This post is very reminescent of my days with Sprint. Transferred calls, disconnected calls, features taking hours to show up as active, CS reps not knowing their heads from their as.......

This is one of the major reasons that we dropped Sprint. Paid 2 ETF's and ported our number to Cingular (pre-AT&T) and never looked back once.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    If fixing my account and trying to get Sprint to fix their screw ups is considered needy then I'm sorry.

14. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yes we do have some unlucky people on the forums (not just talking about WA) when it comes to Sprint service. But at the same time I think some of you guys tend to put yourselves in situations that can potentially create problems. There are things you can do to prevent yourself from getting into a situation where something gets messed up. Obviously when you order phones through the mail and then want to return them 10 days later the same way it certainly increases your odds of something going wrong. When you're changing phones every week or two the odds greatly increase for things to get bumpy along the way. Plus some people want to have their cake and eat it to. They want a dirt cheap SERO plan and top notch customer service and you just can't realisticly expect that. The people on SERO plans are often the first one's to go ballistic when something goes wrong. I know quite a few Sprint customers these days and their experiences and situations have been quite a bit different than the ones I see on the forums looking to complain. If everyone had the same experience you guys have had Sprint would have been out of business a long time ago.

I wouldn't recommend Sprint for the more needy customers who tend to constantly change their phones and plans, and tend to call customer service more than the average. No offense to anyone but I'm just being straight forward here.

#14 larry, Oct 4, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  15. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    There is not a problem we all have our opinions.

16. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Larry, I completely agree, these forums are no longer about learning new technologies and get great deals.....Its now all about people with their Swan Songs..

And do you know what all these "Sprint Screwed Me" Threads have in common.......Sprint is always completely and soley at fault for the issues, no-one ever admits they've made a mistake or that part of the problem could have been blame on Me "The Customer".....Nope.....Its always directly Sprint's fault and the Customer never does anything wrong, Never, and I might believe that if it didnt come from me working 6yrs in the CS industry while in college, to know it's Crock.......That's why I just can't believe these very One-sided stories most of the time.....I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but I call it like I see it, even I'm hated in the end.

17. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    True there are people who have bad experiences. But by no means has this became a place like you describe come on negetive comments like that will lead people away. Please lets keep general forum comments in a slight way positive.

18. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I had Sprint (before SERO) in the past and I wasn't fond of them either. I persistently had dropped calls and billing issues... I ended up leaving. I know five people who have Sprint and three seem happy with their service. So maybe Sprint has improved; but I like my current service now. One person, who has had SPrint for nine years, hates the CS... but she refuses to leave since she has 1000 mins, 2 lines, and 500 text for $60. She bashes them all the time and stays. The other person had a run in with their 'unprofessional' CS; she will be running away to AT&T next month... she is on the $29.99 nonSERO plan. If Sprint works, it works; there is at least a 15 day trial to see if any company works for you... if it doesn't and you stay, then shame on you. I want Sprint to do well and give the top dogs a a run for the money.

19. zamboni77

zamboni77 Supreme CadGuru

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    What treo was it on Sprint?
    If it was the 700p than the dropped calls is not just limited to sprint.
    As others have stated, sprint c/s stinks. However go to treocentral.com. There they have direct numbers to people in retentions to help treo owners.