Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

why does verizon wirless take so long to release new phones?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by phonelooker, Feb 4, 2004.

1. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I like flips but I also like to change to a candy bar style every so often and I agree that Sprint should stop flooding their lineup with so many flips. They need more candy bar phones.

2. lets456

lets456 Junior Member

airb 330, I notice that you have the 3589I. I got this phone for my wife as a second line. So far I am impressed...good voice quality both ends, loud ringers, decent reception, battery life, etc. However, I noticed recently that the phone gets stuck in Analog roaming from my house....which obviously is not a "roam" zone and is all digital. Have you had a problem similar to this? I have to reboot the phone and this clears it up...I hope this is not a glitch with the phone. I had my share of problems with Motorola phones jumping into analog, dropping calls,etc. I hope this one does not start with that.

3. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    Why so many CDMA flips phones?

Reason #1 (a maybee on this one. )
    I rember reading something here about the codec for CDMA being more flip friendly because of the way it handles background noise. Suposedly on CDMA handsets the closer the Mic is to your mouth, the better the soundquality especialy in high background noise situations. Suposedly if there is a ton of backgoriund noise in the effort to eliminate it alot of the initial sound quality is lost so most manufacturers make flips instead of candybars for CDMA.

Reason #2 (definately provable. )

Flip phones are cultruraly asian...especialy korean.

Lets list some CDMA manufacturers who tend to make flip phones and weere they are located.

LG (Korea), Samsung(Korea?/Japan?) , Sanyo(Korea?/Japan?), Motorola (USA)

LG..almost all Flips. Samsung...almost all flips. Sanyo...almost all flips.

In fact, in Korea NOKIA...the canybar phone kings have been making flip phones for years. Why?

KOREANS DONT BUY CANYBAR PHONES!

Now, the majority of our CDMA manufacturers are asian + The majority of asian companys make 95% flip phones = The majority of US CDMA phones are Flips.

This you can look up yourself and see the correlation.

4. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    Sanyo makes great phones? I think their CDMA RF is better than anyone else. Also, Larry has a point. THe vast majority of people use thier sevice in major metropolitan areas where everyone has comparable coverage bescause they have to. Not all that many people care about whether or not they have a dead spot on a highway they drive on once every six months.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint

Thanks Goodman. I'm glad you can see my view on this. I might be in the minority who think this way right now but that will change as time goes on and coverage improves for all carriers. Then who has the very best National coverage overall won't be as important.

6. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint

Yeah this is all true and I've heard it before. But I still wish they would at least bring out one or two new candy bars every now and then. Candy bar phones on CDMA can work very well. Just look at the great Sanyo 4700 and 4900 models which have been in the top of the quality list for all Sprint phones ever made.

7. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Nokias have the lowest drop call rates on Sprint. Sanyo's are good, nice RF, nice phones. I think most people who even are in the city, would like good reception. Sanyo does provide that. Must be nice to be in an area where RF doesn't count. NYCDru had to choose a phone based on RF, and hes in NYC with Verizon, gasp! And many GSM users are starting to care about RF and sticking with what works.

8. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    No problems with that here. Set your phone to digital only. Menu 6, 2. You'll see digital only. But remember if you need analog, to set it back when in an analog only area. I agree, great phone. Audio is merely OK, but works much better than my other phones.

9. lets456

lets456 Junior Member

Thanks...I did this after the phone kept jumping into analog the, but was wondering if this was a "bug" in the phone or a known problem. Anyway, that did the trick.

10. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

VZW is STINGY When it comes to Phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile