Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Why does my phone still display Voicestream?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by AustinPowers, Jan 10, 2003.

1. AustinPowers

AustinPowers New Member

Why does my phone still display 'VStream' when the company has changed to T-Mobile? Is it the old phone that's causing it to say that, or is it just because my sim card is old?

2. serge2k

serge2k New Member

Yeap, its your sim card...

3. cll

cll Junior Member

My Phone:
    Treo650
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Blue, TMobile
    Not a big deal. Eventually they will update everybody, even the wap settings will change.

4. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    could also be the phone, actually... I had a really old Motorola P7389i and when I went to Chattanooga, it would read Powertel... then I switched to an Ericsson T61z with the same SIM and my phone read Vstream. [​IMG] Of course right now, if I went there with my 6340i, it'd just still say Cingular, because I'd be on the Preferred Nation network. blah, thank goodness for field test mode so I can see what MNC (GSM) or SID (TDMA/AMPS) I'm on. [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. VinDoGG

VinDoGG New Member

Mine says Omnipoint LOL

6. waycath

waycath Junior Member

I was with Powertel and when Voicestream bought them out they updated the SIM card. Why has that been so difficult for T-Mobile to do? It really doesn't matter to me, but I just find it interesting that the company has been T-Mobile for months and they have not been able to change it. Maybe they don't plan to do so.

7. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    just switch the sim card get a t-mobile sim card not a voicestream sim card...dont wait for t-mobile to do it you'll be 80 by then...if t-mobile is still around....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Ton1

Ton1 Junior Member

Instead of paying $30 for a new SIM card just call customer service and they will update the card for you.
    However this will not affect a welcome logo if applicable.

9. RichXKU

RichXKU Once had +5 dBm RSSI

My Phone:
    Motorola i870
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
    Here's something interesting... on my S46 (AT&T Multimode) I do a network search at home and get:

• AT&T Wireless
      VoiceStream

On my mothers 3390 (T-mobile) I do a network search and get:

• AT&T Wireless
      VStream

Why does it spell it out on my phone but not hers?