Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Why are verizons phones so ugly.

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Xplicit, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Xplicit

Xplicit Member

I know its a stupid question but I cant understand why they wont start releasing nice phones. People made such a big deal out of the 530 and the reason for that was because the phone is nice looking no other reason.

I really would wish verizon starts putting out some nice phones my upgrade is a month away, I want to change plans, and my phone now is garbage.

2. Suliman

Suliman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Katana (2)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Millenicom
    Keep in mind they don't make 'em, they just test them and when they are ready (except the Moto 720), they are released for sale. For those that use their phones to make and get calls, it's not a big deal. I have seen some neat/cool/cute/colorful/game-playing phones, but if they can't get a signal, hold a call, or you can't hear clearly, then what good are they really.

Suliman

3. Meanee

Meanee Junior Member

Even that I loathe Verizon for bad calling plans, their phones ARE nice.. well, some.
    For example, LG VX4400 looks gooooooood!! Samsung A310 looks cool too

4. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Their phone selection is 10x better than it was 6 months ago. VX-4400 is a very nice high-end phone along with the audiovox. I mean the LG is only 99$ for a color phone, can't beat that. I also don't find their plans too bad (my area isn't too competative, SPCS, Verizon, Nextel, and Cingular mostly). Sprint 300/1000 smaller network, or Verizon 300/unl much larger network all for 35$.

5. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Personally I don't think Verizon's plans or phone's are that bad. They actually have some nice looking phones now such as the LG VX4400.

6. HelloMotoV70

HelloMotoV70 Junior Member

Look at it this way, it could be worse, you could have Cingular where you are stuck between a low model Nokia and a V60t at best unless you have GSM in your area which is spotty. (6-9 phones to choose from with none being tri-mode).

7. scottb

scottb Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 6 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Visible
    "Ugly" is very subjective - I think there are some nice looking phones from many carriers. I still don't think there is a better looking phone than the v60 from any carrier.

8. HelloMotoV70

HelloMotoV70 Junior Member

i do agree the V60 is an attractive phone and propbably is Motorola's best selling phone by far since the star tac but i actual enjoy my i95cl better due to the color display, it shares the resemblance of the v60 with the features of a T720. I know Nextel is iffy in many spots but here in CT it is equal to many.

9. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

Their Looks aren't that bad. It's their battery life that can't hold the charge even when turned off.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Mosco

Mosco New Member

I think the less cool phones have to do with GSM having a bigger hold on the world market so companies don't put as much money into CDMA R&D.

And HelloMotoV70 is right, there is no GSM cingular in my area(or Tmobile for that matter) and they only offer 7 phones in my area, only one of which is a flip phone.

11. RIMissy

RIMissy New Member

Mosco, where are you in MA? I am in RI, just south of Providence, and have been all over MA with no problem getting reception on my T-Mobile phone.

12. Mosco

Mosco New Member

if you look at the national coverage map of Tmobile and zoom in to northeast MA, there is small part near the NH border that isn't covered.