Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Who's KRZR'r - Moto or VZW?

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by CaptainLoose, Oct 6, 2006.

1. CaptainLoose

CaptainLoose Member

My Phone:
    RAZR2 v9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I lurk this board all the time, occassionally have something to say or rant about. Today, I'm really worked up about KRZR, Moto and VZW. I've been a VZW customer since before it was VZW; been a Moto user forever. I can't believe what's happening here!

VZW and Moto are more interested in marketing ipod toys than phones. A year or so ago, I tried the RAZR because I thought it was a great size/shape. I reluctantly took it back because it wouldn't hold signal in my home (no problems for 710 or 815) and I couldn't stand the new requiredVZW UI. So, I went back to one 710 and two 815's.

Still attracted to the smaller form, I got sucked in again and went for the new KRZR. I figured I could stand the VZW UI but I never expected how horrible my signal reception would be on the KRZR.

Moto is now building phones that are far better as music players than phones and VZW is forcing customers to accept its "standard" UI (because the systems guys are always right).

Call me stupid but there is a whole market out there who are actually trying to purchase a "phone" that works with cell towers, is reliable and a serious tool. And, we don't really care that much about the cost of the phone or the cancellation fees. The really scary thing is there's nobody servicing the cellular phone market anymore! VZW is turning into TMobile and Moto into Apple.:mad:

Hey, thank for listening. I'd feel better if I did'nt have to re-pack and mail this piece of junk back to VZW.

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    It could be worse. You could have bought an LG. If you've been reading this forum a lot you'll remember I returned an LG to the store after only having it for 26 hours...

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CaptainLoose

CaptainLoose Member

My Phone:
    RAZR2 v9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Great, so that rules out the LG alternative!

4. Heavy Fluid

Heavy Fluid Junior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The problem isn't Motorola. It is VZW and their UI. Total BS if you ask me. I would NEVER switch to VZW just for the sole fact of their UI. I don't care how great their service is, the fact that they hack the poop out of the phones before you even get them bothers me. Bluetooth? Not unless you want to use just a headset. Want a ringtone? Gotta get it from us.

Try a Motorola on a different service, one that hasn't been hacked to hell and back.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    You should look at Alltel Heavy Fluid. I hear they do well in Lansing, just as good as VZW if not better in most places. You might find that they give you the coverage that's similar if not better than Verizon without a hacked phone. Their phones actually have some functionality too. I've not had to buy a ringtone since I got my E815. because of all the things you can do with it.

CaptainLoose, you could try to get an Alltel KRZR and have it activated on your Verizon account although you might have some functionality issues on the network with things other than voice and texting. And if you're just mad at Motorola, then I've heard nothing but good stories about the reception you can get with Nokias, I just personally don't like their design as much. I would also stay away from LGs and even Samsungs.

#5 UFO, Oct 12, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  6. Heavy Fluid

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well, I don't plan on switching anytime soon, considering that I have outstanding coverage with Cingular. I haven't purchased a ringtone for my RAZR since I got it, because iMac G5 w/Bluetooth + RAZR = free ringtones/games/wallpapers/screensavers/apps FTW!!!

The day that I switch back to CDMA will be a cold day in hell. I love the freedom of GSM, not to mention the coverage.

7. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    :rant: You sound a little bitter. Sounds like a bad experience. I'll let sleeping dogs lie! :sleep: You just seemed like you liked their coverage better but hated their phones because of the line "I don't care how great their service is."

8. Heavy Fluid

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Everyone always raves about how great VZW is. I will never be a paying customer of theirs. I tried them once, had one of the worst cellular experiences with them, and refuse to go back. I was with Sprint before Cingular, and they were mediocre at best. I like to switch phones often, daily sometimes, to fit my mood or what I am doing. I never had to call my landline provider anytime I purchased a new cordless phone, why should I have to call my cellular provider when I want to switch phones?

9. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    We think a lot alike! Are you my long-lost twin brother separated at birth? I've never purchased a ringtone for my Motos, and switch my SIM card between phones daily, and think that VeriZon totally sucks, especially since they cripple their phones, not to mention that they don't have service at my folks's house.

-Jay

10. Heavy Fluid

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Their service is outstanding here, but, I cannot stand the crippled phones, or the annoying user interface. It really bothers me.

Are you my brother?

11. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    That's what I'm questioning...
    :)
    -Jay

12. CaptainLoose

CaptainLoose Member

My Phone:
    RAZR2 v9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Well I'm glad my rantings have brought you two together. I waited too long to return the KRZR so have it for now. Its much easier to carry around than the E815 but nothing near as good as a phone. Best of luck to you two.

13. Heavy Fluid

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

So sorry that your wonderful thread changed directions. :rolleyes: