Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Who will provide service on 6100?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Confused1, May 6, 2003.

1. Confused1

Confused1 New Member

I live in Ohio and would love to buy a Nokia 6100 but I've seen nothing about who I can sign up with...would like to go with Cingular or T-Mobile but am afraid to buy the phone before definitely knowing if I can get service activated. Heard something along the way about maybe having to buy it "Unlocked"?? Would very much appreciate ANY AND ALL DETAILS that you could provide as to if and how I can run out, buy a 6100, and get service! Thanks!

2. 3ncrypt0r

3ncrypt0r New Member

The Nokia 6100 is a GSM phone and it will work with carrier such as, Cingular (GSM), AT&T (GSM), and T-Mobile.

AT&T
    T-Mobile
    Cingular

You can check on the websites above to see if they have coverage in your area. Neither carriers had the phone yet, so chances are the phone you are buying is unlocked. Once you got the phone (unlocked), you can go to the carrier to get service. You need to tell them that you already have the phone and you just need service. They will give you a SIM card after it has been activated.

Hope that clear things up.

3. Confused1

Confused1 New Member

That helps alot...THANKS!