Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Who should I choose (verzion or cingular) in the Somerset/New Brunswick area (NJ)?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by shae, Apr 27, 2002.

1. shae

shae New Member

Hi ,
    I'm a little frustrated right now and need some advise. I have been a attws cust for the past 2 years. I had the old erricson 280lx with that pocketnet service. As time went on (actually after the first few months :0 ) I realized that my service basically SUCKED!!! I recently purchased the v60 for att thinkin it would help.....................it was returned the next week. Basically my calls kept dropping. I've been hearing good things about Verizon,so I got the America's Choice program (and the v60 of course) just last night. There was some problem last nigh and this morning with some switch somewhere (at least that's what i was told) so i could not use my phone until later on today. Well again my calls to customer service kept dropping!!! Both times I was in my apartment, and I even tried to stay out on the balcony. My Verizon problem may have been just for today, but i can't help being a little worried since I did sign up for a 2yr contract!! I know i have 14 days left, but now I am really considering Cingular (maybe even at the same time cingular has a 3day 15 min trial right)
    please help.
    tx
    s

2. Dukedog

Dukedog Senior Member

When you go to Cingular, just tell them that you want to try the service out first to see if it is going to work out for you.

3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Verizon likewise has a trial period. Usually 15 days in most markets.

4. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Take kevins advice and check out verizon

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    You probably live in a fringe area where wireless providers don't really care about making sure the signal is strong. Normally, a few miles from any major highway is usually fringe. If both AT&T and Verizon don't have a strong signal in your area, you only have three other choices: Nextel, Sprint and Voicestream. See if you know someone that has a phone with one of those carriers and take them to your house and check the signal strength on their phone. If not, you can try the free trial. Beware that Cingular and AT&T share the same system so with Cingular you will have the same experience as AT&T.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    If ATT, Cingular or Verizon do not have even analog coverage in the area, it is unlikely any other carrier will have ANY coverage.

Sprint and Voicestream are only building digital systems and rely on the above for analog backup.

If Nextel does have coverage in your area, great.

7. shae

shae New Member

Thanks for all of your input. I have decided to stick it out with Cingular since all of the carriers will most likely be "upgrading" technologies. Cingular has been working fine so far, but if it doesn't work out after my year's up, I'll give my nifty web enabled v60t to my mom who lives in south jersey (cingular is really good there) and move to Verizon.
    BTW I actually tested Verizon and Cinglar at the same time around the jersey area/NY area and they were neck and neck. So I guess that problem I had with Verizon was really one of those "freaky mishaps that rarely happen". As for ATT, i will never go back to them again (ok maybe I should never say never). It seems they are sharing networks w/Cingular but for some strange reason Cingular works better on Att's network than Att does...I just don't get it!! Anyway, I'm sure I'll want one of those GSM/TDMA (or whatever network will be on top in the next few years) phones whenever they come out so I'm just not gonna stress over it anymore.

_Geez I'm gonna become such a phone whore!!

8. shae

shae New Member

BTW - I LOVE THIS CUTE LITTLE PHONE!!!! But too many people have it
    [​IMG]

9. Dukedog

Dukedog Senior Member

Does it matter that too many people have the phone, if it works that should be the only concerns you should have.

10. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    dukedog

I think that she was joking

yes alot of people are getting the v60

Jack

11. shae

shae New Member

you're right i was joking, it really does not matter if it did I don't think I could ever get a cell phone [​IMG]

12. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    ????

Jack