Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

who here has a 6100? question:

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Gabriel, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    i was reading the 6100 has polyphonic ring tones with only 4 cords. this seems a bit cheap. anyway, is it possible to download a 16 cord ringtone? did nokia just decide to put 4 cords to save space and left it up to us to get more ringtones with more cords, or can the 6100 handle only 4 cords?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Confused1

Confused1 New Member

I have the 6100 and know that there are plenty of ringtones you can download to the handset, but I have no idea about the number of chords....lemme do some hunting and I'll try to get back to you on this one...

3. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    hey, thank you!!!

by the way, do the original melodies the 6100 has sound good? or do they sound like they lack something?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. braindead500

braindead500 Member

Well, if you download a 16chord tone, then it either won't play, or only play the 4 chords, i think. I don't know why the new GSM phones from nokia are like that, the upcoming 7250i only has 4 chords and so did the 7210, but my 3585 has 40.

5. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    it wont play a full16

6. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    GoodmanR, have you actually tried this, or is this what you have read somewhere? this is because i was thinking of getting a 6100 or 6610, and they have only 4 cords, and i have a few nice midis i want to put in...