Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Who agrees with me "sprint pcs" is a rip off

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Who agrees with me "sprint pcs" is a rip off

I curently have a Sprint Pcs Touch point phone the phone is a real cool But the service it has is really really bad, most of the time it does not have any receptcion and it tells me it's seraching for service when i am in school it does not work either. I got a $29.99 plan which includes 200 any time and 2800 nights and weekends. It's a RIP OFF , If you talk a 3 seconds it still charges one min. My phone is a internet ready phone When i activated the phone they offered me 3 months of wireless web and after that it's going to be $5 monthly When i got my first invoice it was not charged, but yet every minute i used with the wireless web was charged at about 30 cents. I was very dissapointed with the invoice i did not even use up all 3000 mins and they charged me $80 for me using the web a few times. I just want to warn every one to not get in to sprint i had voicestream for like two years and they are muuch better they offer you upgrades phone real cheap and stuff I think i'll just get voice stream when this rip off contract is over.

2. Malial

Malial Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    As far as the internet charges go, those were probably legitimate charges. Many providers give you a month or two free of internet access, but that is only for the access. Once you actually access the internet, it still takes away from your minutes. For example, with Verizon, I pay 6.95 (I think) for web access. When I actually access the web, it takes away from my minutes. So, in essence, there are two charges. Most carriers follow a similar pricing structure.

All carries round minutes up (with the exception of nextel?)...this again, is a common practice. Voicestream did the same thing.

As far as your issue with service, I had similar problems in that area, but I am in an overloaded area (Chicago). Many people are happy with Sprint...granted, some are not, but it seems to me that most of your gripes have to do with the fact that you didn't read your contact and pricing plan close enough.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

LOOK AT YOUR SERVICES AGREEMENT. IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING.

4. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Yap, as much as I am not a Sprint advocate, this case seems to be more one of user ignorance than of carrier misrepresentation.

5. jarhead

jarhead New Member

you got it!!!

6. Dukedog

Dukedog Senior Member

If they gave you the wireless web for three months for free, when you browse it take your minutes away, If you don't have wireless web you can still browse but it going to charge you 39 cent per minute, if they said they was giving it to you ,when you activated they didn't not put it on your account,so that why you are getting charge 39 cents a min. Call customer service and ask them if the wireless web is on your account, if it is not tell them the store you activated with told you you were getting it for 3 months for free.

7. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    He probably used up his anytime minutes by using the wireless web thinking it would be free during this time. Not true. Once you go over your alloted anytime minutes you start getting charged. This sounds like a classic case of not reading your agreement carefully. If you liked VS so much why didn't you stay with them if you were so happy with them?

8. Dukedog

Dukedog Senior Member

But Larry, even then it is 40 cents if you go over your minutes right, I remeber in December when I purshased the kyocera 2255 ,I call to add the Ringers & More and Wireless web to my account ,the rep had me on hold abount 7-8 mins ,when he came back on the line he told me that he added the Wireless Web and that he going to transfer me to the Ringers & More department to add the Ringers, so after all that I'm thinking that I have the Wireless Web so I'm just browsing like crazy. Guess what happen the next month I recieve a bill for $96.00 dollars, they was charging me 39 cent per minutes for wireless web, I used 100 mins on the wireless web . I don't browse in the daytime, only on my N&W minutes, come to find out the guy didn't add it to my account.

9. Dukedog

Dukedog Senior Member

I had a hard time convicing the rep that I had added it to my account . So now when ever I have something added to my account I call back to another rep to verify that it is on my account.

10. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

i believe it. every company has its reps that dont provide the service they should. the problem, if the fault of the cs rep, should be rectified if you call back and politely inform them of your situation. i had an issue once over a 12$ fee i paid western union to pay my bill due to being misinformed by the first cs rep i spoke to.

i called back in politely informed a rep of my problem and the money was credited to my account asap.

i added the WW to my plan last year and it worked just like the rep told me within a day i was browsing and all ww time was taken out of my minutes which i kept track of, and i wasnt billed for anything but the 5$ since i stayed within my minutes.

11. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I'm sure that was just a fluke. If you add something to your account it will usually be done right unless you have an incompetent rep or the system went down while processing or something.

12. Dukedog

Dukedog Senior Member

Larry, that why now I call back to ask another rep or I email customer service to verify whatever I had added to my account.

13. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Probably a good idea. I always do that as well. Never hurts to double check.