Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Which phones are compatible...?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Liss, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Liss

Liss New Member

Hi,
    I'm in Union County, NJ. I am planning on getting a cell phone asap, and I've heard good things about Verizon. But I have my heart set on a Nokia 3390. Would it work with Verizon? If not, what phone would you recommend for Verizon service? And if I did get a Nokia 3390, would VoiceStream service be good in my area? Thanks alot.

2. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    Verizon doesn't support the 3390 as it is a GSM phone and Verizon uses CDMA tri mode phones. For a Verizon phone I'd reccomend the Samsung T300, LG 510, or VX-1. I've heard mixed things about Voicestream and I tend to think the coverage would be spotty.

3. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

Voicestream should be great in Union County. Voicestream works well in most dense areas, and Union county is one of those areas.

4. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    If you are a Nokia fan, you are not going to find them with Verizon. Only Cingular, AT&T and Voicestream carry those. Voicestream has the 3390 for free (with a $69.99 rebate). Cingular carries the 3395 which is basically a newer version of the 3390. AT&T carries the 3360 which is 3390's TDMA cousin. If you are not much of a car traveler from state to state, Voicestream or Cingular should cover you well since they share the same system. If you travel by car a lot, then AT&T may suit you better. Now, if coverage is more important than a nice looking phone or you happen to like the phones Verizon offer then they are your best choice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Verizon does carry the Nokia 3285.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ask yourself why you are buying a phone? For its looks or for it's service?

If you want a wireless phone for wireless communications, go to a Verizon store and buy a Verizon phone that has been approved to work on their network. It's that simple. If they don't carry the model you fell in love with, that means that particular model did not make it past their testing criteria. Simply put, that phone doesn't work well and they don't want to compromise their integrity and quality of their network based on a neat-looking phone that doesn't work well.